5.

"I'll try to call you as soon as possible." Roses, lavender, apple pie.

Edith's perfume, mixed with the smell of freshly baked apple pie, clouded my senses. I hug her tightly while she gently strokes my back. I would have preferred to never let her go again. She doesn't know that I will probably never contact her again, but I do.

That's why it's harder for me to say goodbye because I know it's goodbye forever. When we separate again, she lovingly tucks a red curl behind my left ear.

"Don't be sad, dear. Everything will be fine." Her hand lingered on my cheek while I stared into her bright blue eyes and tried to memorise every single detail as well as I could.

"I'll miss you," I whisper.

"We'll see each other again," she replies with a smile, to which I nod.

No, we won't.

Roses, lavender, apple pie.

The scenario played over and over again in my head as I sat in a car with four psychopaths. Harry was at the wheel, Liam was in the passenger seat, and I was sitting in the back in the middle between Niall and Louis.

I wanted to cry, scream, and lash out at how close I was to both of them. Niall's knee was touching mine, and it didn't matter how hard I squeezed my legs together, I was still touching him.

Louis had leaned his upper body against the window with his arms crossed and his eyes closed, while his knees pointed away from me to put as much distance between us as possible.

He hasn't even looked at me since we sat here in this car, whereas Niall had no problem with our knees touching—quite the opposite. I rather had the feeling that he was amused by the way I was trapped here between him and Louis.

Roses, lavender, apple pie.

I tried to calm myself down so I wouldn't panic. I thought about the scent again and again so that I would never forget it. There was silence. Nobody said a word, which only drove me even more crazy.

I had no idea where we were going or what they would do with me now. I know I will live, but what kind of life will I live in the future?

It is definitely a life in which I no longer have the freedom to make my own decisions. I lost control of my life and had to come to terms with the thought that I could never do anything alone again.

I've experienced more in the last two days than I did in the whole of last year. I've always wanted something to change. I always wanted my life to be more exciting. That I could enjoy it more.

Being kidnapped by four men didn't cross my mind.

That's not the kind of excitement I meant. I was thinking about something like staying out all night or getting out of my comfort zone.

Roses, lavender, apple pie.

Sighing, I lean my head against the seat as I look out the wind shield and watch the trees quickly pass us.

"What's wrong, Ginger? Are you bored?" Niall wears black sunglasses on his nose, which prevents me from looking at his blue irises.

I don't answer him and continued to look straight ahead. I didn't feel like talking right now. I don't know what to say either. Everyone in this car knew I wasn't there voluntarily.

I don't think any of them are stupid. Otherwise, they would never have gotten away with it when they shot the man in the alley. So they could've guessed that I was anything but happy.