Chapter 2 - The Truth

"What is weird about that?" Mum asked, supposedly not getting what was weird about that. I knew better than to believe that, though.

"Everything is weird about that!"

"You're hiding something. It's so obvious. Spit it out, now.." Nikki warned.

"Just clearing this up, my name isn't Liz," mum 'cleared it up'. I had already known that. I don't know why she was saying that.

"Yeah, and?" I wondered.

"Your mum's name is Liz," she quietly admitted.

"No.." My mouth dropped open, but she nodded her head.

"No!! NO, MUM, NO!! UGH!" I began to cry. What was she telling me? I was adopted? How could I not have known this before?

"Olivia," 'mum' took a step closer to me.

"Don't get near me. You've been lying to me."

"Olivia, let me explai-"

"I DONT WANT AN EXPLANATION!"

"You were stolen from your parents a few days after birth. You were stolen by your father.."

"He is not my father," I reminded her.

"Sorry, but we were unable to have kids. When we saw that a woman had twins, we though we could just steal one of the babies. They didn't need two babies. They already had two other children, plus you and your twin."

"You sicken me."

"I'm so sorry.. I didn't mean to tell you this way."

"Nikki, change of plans," I whispered so my 'mum' didn't hear, "where does Luke live?"

"Sydney."

"That's only about an hour away from here. We're going there. I don't care about school for tomorrow or Friday. We can stop at your house to get some of your stuff, but we're staying until the end of the weekend, okay? I want to get things worked out so I can move in with them, my real family. Got it?"

"Good idea. We can skip tomorrow and Friday. Who cares?"

"I'll go pack a little. Let's go."

We ran up to my room, and I got out a suitcase. I knew I was only going for the weekend, but if I was going to begin living with them, I might as well take lots of stuff and leave it there so I don't have to take it when I move later. I put in about seven outfits total, plus some things from my room. I had packed my suitcase with things I'd need for four days, and we took off towards Nikki's house.

"I'll text my parents after we've already left Camden. I don't want them to be able to stop us. I can text them about it, but they won't do anything about it if we're already far enough away from home," Nikki explained her plan as she shoved outfits and necessary things she'd need to be away for half of a week, and we left towards Sydney.

Halfway to Sydney, about thirty minutes into our journey, Nikki texted her parents, saying, "hey mum. Hey dad. Olivia and I are on our way to Sydney to visit her family. We will be back late Sunday. It's a long story, and I'll explain later. Love you both.. Bye😘".

Her parents had texted back things like, "what about school tomorrow and Friday!?!!!", "what are you doing!?", and "get back home right now. You aren't missing school. You never have!"

She laughed at the last text. She smirked and whispered, "little do they know, I ditch sometimes.."

I laughed at her too. I was so excited about this trip. I was going to meet my real family. She said they had two other children, plus my twin. I now had three siblings instead of none. I didn't care, though. It got boring being an only child after a while.

Nikki's phone was going off like crazy, still getting texts from her parents. She had texted her younger brother too, and he encouraged her to go on this trip. She had told him the whole story about my real and fake families. Even though he annoyed her a lot, they were still super close. I want my brother or brothers to be like that. I could have more than one brother other than Luke.

------

We arrived in Sydney and I drove around until I saw a house that said "Hemmings" on the front porch. That took another half an hour, just to do that.

Once we found it, we parked there, then walked onto the porch. I rang the doorbell twice, waiting for someone to answer. Finally, a woman did.

"Hello, how can I help you?" She smiled sweetly. I'm guessing this was Liz.

"Mum?"