Chapter 11 - Rushing

We arrived home a little less than an hour later. Ashton and Calum wondered where we were. I thought we had told them we were going to Camden, but we must not have.

I put my other stuff I packed with the stuff I already had packed. I heard a knock on the guest room door. I muttered a "come in.." before I heard the door open.

I turned around and there was mum. She walked towards me and sat down on the bed beside me. I sat my suitcase down and she looked at me.

"So, you and Michael are together.." She stated.

"Yeah. We are," I smiled at her.

"You've only known each other for not even a day, more like a half a day. You're together already?"

"Yeah, I guess.. I like him and he likes me."

"And you're going on tour with them. Is that why you're rushing it? To go on tour with them so you don't have to be away from him?"

"I don't know.. I think so."

"You think so?"

"Yeah, I mean, I am. I'm not sure.."

"I just don't think you should rush into a relationship just so you can go on tour with them. They'll let you go, even if you're not with one of the boys, I'm sure. You don't have to be dating one of them."

"Yeah, I get what you're saying."

"Maybe you and Michael could slow down and start as friends? I think that would be a lot better, Liv."

"Okay.."

"Are you okay? I'm not forcing you to do anything."

"I know. I agree with you."

"That's good. I don't want you to think I'm forcing you to do this, because I'm not."

"Yeah. I'll talk to him."

Mum smiled at me and walked out. I knew we were sort of rushing into a relationship, but I wasn't sure why. She told me why. I need to talk to Michael.

*Luke's POV*

Mum sat beside me while I was sitting on the couch next to Nikki. She looked at us and smiled before beginning to talk.

"Luke, honey, I think you and Nikki are rushing into a relationship," she told us.

"What do you mean?" I asked.

"You've only known each other for a day. I don't think you should rush into your relationship."

"We're fine, mum," I assured her, looking at Nikki.

"I think it would be better if you were friends for a little while before you start dating."

"Mum, it's okay. We're fine together."

"Okay.."

She got up and walked away, leaving Nikki and I on the couch again.

*Olivia's POV*

I walked into Luke's room where Michael was. I grabbed ahold of his arm and motioned him to come into the other room with me so we could talk without Calum and Ashton being in there with us.

He walked with me into the guest room, and I sat him down on the bed. He looked at me worriedly as I began to speak.

"Michael, I know that you like me, and I really like you too, but I feel that we're sort of rushing into our relationship," I told him.

"What? Are you saying we should break up?"

"Sort of. I think we should get to know each other a little more, as friends, before we start dating again. I'm sorry."

"Liv, it's fine."

"You're not mad?"

"Of course not."

"Because we've only known each other for a day, and we're already together. I think we should back off a little so we aren't rushing."

"I get it. It's okay. I feel that we should too," he assured me, nodding his head, "You'll still be coming on the tour with us, though, right?"

"Yeah. I am. I'm pretty much packed."

"That's good."

"Yeah. Thanks again for understanding, Michael."

"You're welcome, Liv."

He kissed my forehead for the last time he would in a while, then stood up and left me in the room.