Chapter 10 - Forms and A Local Diner

Nikki finished, and our next stop was the school. Nikki and I walked in. School was still going on, so we just walked straight into the office and asked Mrs. Martinez if we could see Mr. Ferland, the principal.

She took us right in to his office. We sat down in chairs in front of his desk.

"Ladies, I believe you were not at school this morning. Did you skip?" He asked.

"We sort of did, but it is a long story," I began.

"Explain."

"Well, yesterday, my birthday, I found this one band called 5 Seconds of Summer. The lead singer has the same birthday as me. His name sounded familiar. I asked my parents about it. It turns out the lead singer in the band is my twin. My 'family' stole me from my real family as a baby. We went to meet my real family last night. Their band is leaving for tour tonight and that's why we came here to talk to you."

"Well, why did you come to talk to me?"

"We want to go on tour with them. We wanted to talk about getting into online schooling."

"Oh, you can just easily sign up for online schooling. But getting out of this school's system, it will be like you moved, got it?"

"Okay.."

"You'll need to both fill out a few forms and we will take you out of the school's system, and you'll be free to sign up for online schooling."

"Thank you, Mr. Ferland."

"Here are the forms," he told us, grabbing them from he filing cabinet.

"How long will these take?" Nikki wondered. There was at least ten pages. I don't know why it was that long..

"At the most, thirty minutes. Usually it takes around twenty, though. I fill out the last three pages, just to let you know so you don't fill them out. Also, section three on page four, I fill that out too."

"Got it. Can we just sit here and fill them out?"

"You may, but I have a meeting at a quarter after one. I'll need to leave around one ten."

"Okay. How about you fill your part out so we can finish it if we're still here after you leave."

"Good idea. Olivia, I'll take yours first. Nikki, you may get started."

He took a little more than five minutes to fill out his pages on mine. He gave me mine back to fill out the rest. He took Nikki's to fill hers out.

We finished them just a little after one. Mr. Ferland took them and told us we could sign up for online schooling whenever we wanted now.

We left, thanking him and Mrs. Martinez. After walking out to the car, Luke scolded us from the back seat, "what took so long?"

"We had to fill out forms," Nikki told them.

"Ugh. I hate forms," Michael groaned from beside me.

"Do you guys want to go out for lunch? I know a great local diner just down the street from here. Right Nikki?" I suggested.

"Yeah. It's really good. We go there on the days the school lets us leave for lunch," Nikki agreed.

"Your school lets you leave for lunch?" Luke wondered.

"Sometimes," I nodded.

"Well let's go!" Michael rushed.

I started the car, and we drove off to the diner. I like local restaurants better than food chains. I think local places are better, and that's why I like this place so much.

I sat beside Michael in he booth on one side, and Nikki and Luke sat on the other side. The waitress came towards us and asked what we wanted. We had all decided to get the famous burgers they had here. Personally, they weren't my favorite. They were still really good, though.

When the burgers came out, we all began to eat quickly. Nikki got done faster than the boys which surprised me. The boys were super hungry, yet Nikki still finished faster than them. They were all done and I was still sitting there, not even halfway done.

"Don't worry, babe. We're all pretty fast eaters," Michael assured me.

"I'm not that hungry anyways," I informed them.

I finished my burger within another few minutes. We left after Michael and Luke battled out who was paying.

"Hey, I'm paying for myself, my girlfriend, my best friend, and my sister. You'd be paying for yourself, your girlfriend, your best friend, and another girl," Luke fought.

"Hey, Nikki is my friend too. So I'd be paying for myself, my girlfriend, my friend, and my best friend," Michael fought back.

"Whatever, just somebody pay!" Nikki yelled.

"Fine, I'll pay," I stopped the conversation, walking up towards the counter.

"Oh, no you're not!" Michael warned me, running up towards me and taking my wallet away from me. He got his own wallet out and paid.

"Now was that so hard?" Nikki asked as we got back to he table.

"Can I have my wallet back?" I opened my hand so Michael could put my wallet in it.

"Sorry, babe. I just couldn't let you pay," Michael apologized, giving me my wallet.

"I would've if you would've let me. You and Luke don't need to fight over who's going to pay. You could've split it. Why did you guys fight anyways?" I looked at him.

"It's a guy thing. I don't know," he ran his hand through his hair. I laughed at him and began to drive the hour-long trip back home.