Chapter 5 - Crush

As we were leaving my last aunt and uncle's house, mum was explaining to me how some of our family doesn't live around here, but I get it. I had family in my fake family that didn't live around us.

On the way home, I had gotten a text from an unknown number. It said, "hey."

"Who is this?" I texted back.

"Sorry I forgot. It's Calum." Luke must've given them my number. I didn't mind.

"Oh ok" I texted back and put my phone back in my pocket.

A few minutes later, I got a text from Calum again, saying, "hey can. You tell mum I'm going to be staying at Luke's tonight?"

"What?" I texted back, confused.

"Sorry, that was supposed to go to Mali."

"Who's Mali?"

"My older sister. Sorry about that."

"It's fine."

I put my phone back in my pocket once more. Mum looked at me and knew it was one of the boys by the look on my face.

*Luke's POV*

After I was done putting the bra away, this girl walked into my room. I didn't know who she was or what she was doing. She just came in as her mouth dropped open.

"Oh my god. I don't believe it," she smiled.

"Hello.." Calum said to her, confused.

"I'm Nikki.. Just saying, I'm a fan. I love you guys!"

"Awe, thanks," Ashton smiled at her. We were all still confused, though.

"Oh god, sorry.. I forgot to explain who I was!! I'm Olivia's best friend. Luke, you'll probably be seeing a lot of me. Olivia and I do everything together," she explained. That made a lot more sense.

"Oh okay," I understood, "so where have you been this whole time you've been here?"

"I've been meeting your family, just like Olivia did. Her old parents were like family to me. It'll probably be the same here.."

"Oh. Don't you live over an hour away?"

"Yeah, but I'll probably move here. My parents won't mind. They don't really care for me much at all. That's why I'm glad to have a friend like Olivia who has such a nice family."

"Well it was nice to meet you, and I'm glad you're a fan. You seem pretty cool," I liked her.

"Thanks. You guys too," she smiled before leaving.

I looked at the other guys, and they were smiling at me. I wondered what they were thinking. Of course they told me.

"You like her," Michael smirked at me.

"No I don't," I told him, "she's my sister's best friend. I wouldn't date her because that would be awkward for Olivia."

"Shut up asshole. I know you like her," Michael spat.

"What's going on here? Is there something we don't know about?" Calum wondered.

"No," Michael told them.

"Yes there is," I assured them, "Michael likes Olivia and I told him no because that would be awkward for me.."

"Oh god, please no.." Ashton's face fell into his hands.

"I'm sorry!" Michael apologized, "I can't help my feelings!"

*Olivia's POV*

"So how do you like the boys? Are they annoying yet?" Mum asked, and I laughed.

"They're not annoying, yet.. They actually seem pretty nice," I admitted.

"Yeah. They can be really nice, but I know they can be pretty annoying sometimes," she told me.

"Maybe I haven't been around them enough yet," I suggested.

"Well, once you're around them enough, they'll get annoying."

I just nodded as we pulled into our driveway. I opened the door and walked up to the front door, only to be greeted by Nikki. Mum walked upstairs past us. Nikki looked at me and smirked.

"What is it?" I asked her, knowing there was something she needed to tell me.

"So, about Luke," she started.

"Yeah, what about him?" I asked.

"Everything! He's so cute-"

"No, Nikki. You're not going to date Luke."

"Why not?"

"He's my brother!"

"So?"

"That would be awkward. You dating your best friend's brother!!"

"But he's so much cuter in person than in the photos, if that's possible.. Please, Olivia!!"

"Nikki, no.."

"Please."

"What if he doesn't want to date you?"

"I don't care. I just want to know that you'll be okay with us going out, if he wants to.."

"Fine. I don't care. You do whatever you want. Well, now that think about it, Michael is pretty cute.. And he's my brother's best friend. I guess that would be okay, if he's okay with me and Michael."

"Ooo.. Livi has a crush," she taunted.

"So do you, so shut up," I playfully pushed her before we ran upstairs to Luke's room where the boys were.