Chapter 25 - Dad

Michael showed up a little later. I gave him a kiss when I opened the door to see him. We walked into the house. Mum decided to talk to him.

"So, Michael.. You stayed at Ashton's last night?" She asked.

"Yeah.. How'd you know?"

"Liv told me."

"I never told Liv.."

"I thought she texted you and asked you?" Mum looked at me.

"No, I didn't. I texted the boys to see if they knew where he was. Michael didn't tell me," I answered.

"Oh. I thought you said you were texting Michael."

"I did, but I texted the other boys too. Michael didn't answer me."

"Yeah, sorry about that, babe.." Michael 'apologized'.

"It's okay," I pecked his lips, telling him 'I forgave him'.

We then walked up to my room. I was waiting for Nikki and Ashton to come over. I wanted to hear about Nikki's appointment and if anything was new with the baby.

They arrived a few minutes later. We went up to my room and she showed me copies of the scan. I saw Michael talking to Ashton.

"I still think it's a girl," Ashton told Michael. Nikki and I laughed. Ashton smiled, saying once again, "it's a girl, I'm telling you!"

"Ashton, it's not. It's a boy," Nikki challenged.

"Fine.. What do you guys think?" Ashton asked Mikey and me.

"I actually think it's a girl.. I agree with Ash," Michael told us.

"I think it's a girl too.. Sorry Nikki," I frowned.

"Well, I'm the one that's pregnant, and my brother told me he thinks it's a boy. They tell you to always listen to kids."

"That's true," I nodded.

"Well.. Ashton acts like a kid a lot," Michael pointed out. It's true though.

"That's why he'll make a great dad," Nikki smiled.

"Do you think I'd make a good dad when the time comes?" Michael asked.

"Definitely," I assured him.

"Are you guys trying to tell us something?" Ashton looked at us funny.

"No! No.. I'm not pregnant. God, no. My dad would kill me," I was serious.

"I don't know why your dad doesn't like me.." Michael pouted.

"It's not that he doesn't like you.. He just doesn't like the fact that I'm dating someone. He's known you most of your life anyways, right?"

"Pretty much, yeah. He knows me well. He knows I won't hurt you."

"Michael, he's like Luke was at first. He just doesn't like that I'm dating someone."

"Okay. It's okay."

"So are you guys thinking about names?" I asked Nikki and Ashton.

"Not really, yet. We haven't talked about it, actually. I know that I've thought about it," Ashton answered.

"I'll want to hear what you come up with," I nudged Nikki slightly. She smiled and nodded.

------

Later, after Nikki and Ashton had gone, Michael was still at the house. I wanted to try with my dad to get him to actually let Michael stay this time. I really want my dad to like us together. I don't think he doesn't like us, but I don't think he would like anyone with me.

"Dad..." I walked up behind him and hugged him.

"What do you want, sweetie?" He asked.

"Can Mikey stay over?" I asked.

"We don't have to go through this again, do we?"

"Please dad," I begged.

"Liv.."

"Dad, what are you so worried about. I'm a responsible woman."

"That's what I don't like."

"What do you mean you don't like that?"

"That you're a woman.. I just met you for the second time four months ago. I didn't think my little girl would spend that much time with her boyfriend. You spend more time with him than you do with us.."

"I'm sorry.. I'll spend more time with you guys, if that's what you want."

"I'd like that. But another thing is, I never got to see you grow up, and it seems like my baby girl is just so mature and responsible now. I feel that she doesn't need me anymore."

"Dad.. Don't feel left out just because I have Michael. I still need you. I still love you."

"I love you too, sweetie."

"So Michael can stay?"

"He can stay."

"Yay!" I hugged my dad, "thank you."