☆Ch8

"This is embarassing...." Sonic grumbled under his breath, sitting on the beach sand with a big dark spot on his head, which the pink hedgette tried to treat the best she could. After Sonic landed there face first, Amy was lucky to see him arriving in such manner and of course asked, what happened. He explained it to her, while she felt a bit conflicted. Mainly because of the fact, that Eggman copied her hammer thingy.

"So, he doesn't seem to be responsible for Shadow's condition?" she asked him carefully.
"Not sure, to be honest... but he is hiding something in his computer," Sonic replied while crossing his arms in discomfort.
"Think about it this way, what if he has something personal or embarassing in it? Like, pictures of him with his collection or something," Amy stated calmly, sort of defending the villain, as she believed, that he wasn't only all evil and had some little compassion in him too.

"Oh, uh... heh, I didn't think of that," Sonic nervously chuckled and stood up afterwards while brushing the sand particles off of his fur.
"Well, I hope you learned the lesson, Sonic. Think twice next time, before you take action," she advised him.
"Yeah- anyway, anything new about Shadow?" Sonic quickly changed the topic, feeling uncomfortable.
"Not really. I looked through some books I borrowed in the library and one of them gives us some hope," Amy just went along with it, pushing the previous topic aside.
"Yeah? Is it about medicine?" Sonic raised a brow.
"Not exactly. It's about precious stones and spirirual healing," she elaborated.

"Ames.. no offense, but.. how are some shiny rocks going to help him get better?" Sonic asked her with doubt lacing his voice.
"Just so you know, there is one 'shiny rock' named Transparix Amber, a legendary kind of amber crystal, that can be found only in the extreme freezing area of the Snow Island and the writer themselves supposedly lives in there, them explaining in the book, that they're the very first founder of the Amber and after using its powers, their spirit got forever bound with it. Since then, they guard the crystal, so it wouldn't fall to a wrong hands," Amy elaborated further, sort of geeking out about this thing she so gladly read about.

"Like... for real?" Sonic tilted his head, still doubting it. Amy nodded in confirmation.
"Alright, what are the crystal's powers?" he asked curiously now, deciding to let Amy prove this legend's existence, if she so much believes it.
"It is said to have a wonderful, miraculous healing powers, it can deal with any sort of desease," she explained with a happy smile on her face, feeling the hope rising in her. Perhaps, they will be able to help Shadow from the sickness.
"Even such mechanical one like what Shadow suffers from?" Sonic raised a brow, not wanting to put his hopes too high.
"Yup, even that. It can do miracles," Amy confirmed.
"However, the writer also mentioned, that only the strongest can perfectly match with the Amber's energy in order to use it without too much trouble," she added an important information about this legendary crystal.

"I see. So, if you're weak and powerless - game over," Sonic swayed his hand to the side, emphasizing his statement with the gesture. Amy nodded again.
"Shall we meet up with the rest and make up a plan?" she asked him in slight excitement, but Sonic hesitated for a while.
"Hmmm, if the area is dangerous, I don't think bringing the whole gang there would be a good idea," he shared his opinion about it, actually being considerate and not wishing to risk anyone's safety. But again, if he goes only with Amy, who knows if they will get both stuck or into some serious trouble in the place and won't be able to get out of there alive?

"Exactly the reason to take everyone with us, Sonic. What if we get stuck and need help of the others?" Amy opposed and Sonic had to admit, that she is right.
"Alright, let's get this over with then," he finally agreed and ran back to the village with Amy right behind his heels.

☆•~•☆

"Come on, slowpokes!" Tails teased his friends while already sitting in his Tornado and preparing it for departure. Shadow got secured behind him, Amy sat behind Shadow - to keep an eye on him - Sonic rested on one wing, Knuckles on the other and Sticks sat on the backside of the plane, holding onto the tail wing tightly.
"You should really add one more seat, Tails!" she complained to him.
"Hehe, well, I work on that actually, but such upgrades take time," Tails chuckled nervously. They all heard the explanation from Sonic and Amy moments prior and agreed to visit the Snow Island in order to hopefully save the brooding, sick hedgehog.