☆Ch14

"Shadow?"
Silence. Sonic looked at his companion and a while later heard him letting out a quiet hum in response to his call.
"This... might be a little stupid and maybe slightly personal, b-but... may I see your hand?" Sonic let out such, rather surprising, question while nervously fidgeting with his glove. Shadow furrowed his brows and turned his gaze to Sonic.
"Why?"
"J-Just curious!" Sonic's voice slightly jumped, making its owner want to punch himself for being so helpless.
"Curiosity killed a hedgehog, Sonic," Shadow retorted and rather refocused on the dark ocean, watching the moonlight reflecting from its surface. It was calm at the current moment.
"Isn't it a cat, that got killed?" Sonic raised a brow, actually thinking about the saying itself instead of the fact, that Shadow simply brushed his request off. The ebony male pinched the bridge of his nose and inhaled through his nose, then exhaled through his mouth. Just whom is he putting up with right now. A hopelessly lovesick azure hedgehog, who acts slightly out of character, but is also kinda... cute? And keeps wearing the scarf Shadow once gave to him...

-Flashback-

"Why are you doing this, Shadow?!" Sonic exclaimed at his opponent while pinning him to the ground. The two hedgehogs have been fighting ever since Shadow suddenly dared to beat up Sonic's teammates for an unkown reason.
"None of your business!" the dark male gritted his teeth and shoved Sonic aside before swiftly charging at him, bringing his hard fist to Sonic's face, but missed and punched the ground instead. That gave Sonic an advantage, so the speedster started creating a tall blue tornado around him in order to stun him long enough, so he could surprise him with an unexpected blow. However, instead, Sonic ended up getting hit by an unexpected blow, literally, for Shadow performed chaos blast, which completely cancelled Sonic's tornado effect and made the hedgehog fly many meters into distance, then collide with a tree trunk and fall on the ground, unconscious. Shadow followed him and finding him defeated there he scoffed, about to leave, but then, he paused upon a sight of blood drops on the soft sand under Sonic's arm.

Crouching down to Sonic he gently turned him on his back and gasped, when he saw a terrible injury on Sonic's arm, which was slightly bleeding. Releasing a sigh of irritation he growled and undid his brown bandana, refolding it he formed a makeshift bandage out of it and used it to stop the bleeding of Sonic's arm. Once he was sure, that Sonic will be alright, he teleported away, leaving the speedster alone there.

-End of flashback-

"Shadow?" Shadow could feel Sonic's hand on his arm and he got slightly shook by him, which finally snapped him back to reality and he yanked his arm away from Sonic's grip, surprising the azure male.
"Whoa there, take it easy, heh," Sonic raised his hands defensively while giving him a sheepish smile.
"What is it, hedgehog?" Shadow quietly growled, not as threateningly as he originally planned.
"Uh, you spaced out, so I got worried for a moment," Sonic explained with a little shrug of his shoulders.
"No need to, I'm fine," Shadow retorted and briefly glanced at Sonic's now long healed arm before turning his head away from the other, a slight guilt washing over him for what he has done, 7 months ago to, be exact.

"Yeah, but still," Sonic stood for it stubbornly while watching the dark male with interest filling his eyes, now smirking, when he remembered something.
"Now you have all night for me?~" he teased him and gently poked the ebony male's side with his elbow, recalling Shadow's impatient statement from earlier, when Sticks stole his Wrap. Shadow gasped in response before growling in warning manner as he glared at him.
"Shut up, hedgehog!" he snarled, but Sonic just kept smirking, for he noticed Shadow's tan cheeks turning pink. He couldn't believe it. He got to finally fluster the ultimate lifeform.
"Admit itttt~ you enjoy the time with me," he continued. Shadow scoffed and averted his gaze.
"Don't push my mood," he retorted, trying to stay intact by Sonic's antics.