☆Ch40

Several minutes later there was a knock on Amy's shack door, the group was sitting on the couch and nobody dared to even move, when they expected such respected guests like the Team Chaotix. Amy got up and went to open the door for them, giving them a soft, welcoming smile she stepped aside and invited them over.
"Welcome to-"
"Yippieeeeee! Haven't been here for YEARS!" the hyperactive bee boy himself, Charmy, instantly flew into the shack, not really minding any manners.
"Charmy, what did we tell you about manners!" Vector scolded him, whilst Espio sighed and rubbed his head, slowly getting a headache because of the bee's hyperactivity.
"We deeply apologize for his behavior. We're honored to see you all again," he spoke in calm, quiet tone, which Amy so much appreciated, liking his politeness. Vector and Espio then both entered the shack and heard Amy releasing a small sigh, most likely because of Charmy acting like that.
"Welcome, guys. Here, you may take a seat. Do you wish anything to drink or eat?" she welcomed the team properly, Espio took a seat on a pillow on the floor by the table, being used to that, while Vector took a seat in the armchair.
"Oh, we ate before we arrived, but thank you, we appreciate the offer," Espio spoke up for the whole team. Charmy was about to sit on the table, but one stern look from both Vector and Amy convinced him to rather sit on the floor next to Espio.

Cream was a bit tense in the bee's presence and his stinger wasn't the reason for it. She held Kit's hand tightly while the fennec did his best to comfort her by gently stroking her hand with his thumb. Charmy felt a serious pang of jealousy over Kit, because in a way, he still liked Cream, but was always too shy to tell her and now it was too late for him, when he saw Cream and Kit holding hands, obviously already dating.
"So, you told us something about Sonic, yeah?" Vector then started the serious conversation, since that's why they were brought here by the heroes in the first place.
"Yeah, he went missing ever since the previous afternoon and during this day he never showed up anywhere, we even asked some villagers around and nobody saw him," Tails piped up, resting his namesakes in his lap, as he felt worried sick about his brother.
"Did he say anything to you, before he departured?" Espio asked carefully.
"He said, that he is going to check up on Shadow. Since then, he's gone," Tails answered the question and glanced nervously at Zooey, who could tell, that her partner is so much worried, so she gently held his hand for support.

"Shadow, huh? Isn't he, like, bullying you?" Charmy suddenly spoke up, now ignoring Kit's presence. The fennec could sense the tension, but pretended to not be bothered by it, as he rather focused on the topic the others were talking about.
"He used to bully us," Knuckles confirmed with a nod and serious frown on his face.
"But recently, he stopped," Cream piped up.
"I think Sonic managed to somehow change him or... rather convince him to stop attacking us. In fact, he and Shadow became really close lately," Amy confessed and the Chaotix took mental notes about such fact.
"Do they like each other?" Charmy raised a brow in surprised manner. He wouldn't really think of Sonic being the 'love' type, especially for another male. Amy looked at her friends and exchanged a little worried expression with them before returning her glance back to the Chaotix. They were all unsure, if they should speak of the two hedgehogs' attraction to each other.
"Charmy, we shouldn't stick our noses to their business" Vector luckily scolded the bee again, making him cross his arms and scoff.
"You know, it could be a key information for us, Vector, because if the two like each other, then we are here for nothing! Like, they can be on a date somewhere in private and thus it would be rude of us if we-"
"We are already here, Charmy and if your theory is correct, then we are going to find them discreetly and at least bring some news to our friends here," Espio cut the hyperactive teenager off, making a point here.
"Yeah, they deserve it after all!" Vector agreed, then the both reptiles glanced at Amy specifically, since she was the main speaker among their friends here.
"We will find Sonic and potentially also Shadow. We won't stop searching, until we reach our goal, we can promise you that," Vector said in serious tone. Amy smiled at him and nodded.
"Thank you so much, guys," she replied in cheerful tone while holding her hands together.