☆Ch31

The next morning Shadow woke up to a soft humming noises, which made him instantly frown as he carefully sat up and stretching his body he let his gaze land on the small creature, which was sitting on the cold metallic floor with a paper in front of it and a pencil in its paw while it seemed to draw something and hum some tune in the process. Luckily, the hybrid got enough rest this time, so he let this slide as he stood up and looked at the drawing of the chao. A guitar again, accompanied by some stars and even sloppily written word "rock" above it. Shadow was surprised, that the chao actually knew such term and now wondered, is this why none of the other chao's seemed to be interested in being its friend? The imagination was pitiful. Not saying anything he let the chao draw whatever it wanted on the paper as he walked out of the room and went to straight check up on the blue hedgehog in the capsule. Placing his hands on the glass lid he halflidded his eyes and softly sighed at the sight of the sleeping hedgehog still looking so peaceful. He felt almost guilty for soon interrupting such peaceful sleep with the chaos heal.
"Did you have your breakfast, Shadow?" Eggman asked him, once he entered the lab, making the hybrid flinch a little and snap out of his little moment there.
"No?" Shadow raised a brow while looking at the doctor, not seeing Orbot or Cubot anywhere around this morning.
"You have to have it in your room, I sent Orbot to bring it to you earlier," Eggman replied calmly, getting a bit confused. Shadow frowned in response and looked down before realizing, that he did see something on the table, but due to his eagerness to see Sonic he ignored it.

"Oh, I.. must have missed it," he said in an embarassed tone while rubbing his quills in a nervous manner.
"Go eat, Shadow. I also gave you some special nutrients, which will help you grow stronger," Eggman replied while gesturing with his head motion towards the door of the lab.
"I think I am strong enough to handle this, doctor," Shadow opposed, refusing to simply comply. He felt more vital and powerful thanks to the chaos emerald hidden deep in his quills and thus he believed, that now he had all the power and energy to perform the chaos heal without any complications.
"Shadow, listen! This is important, I cannot have you hungry around. Chaos emerald or not, the hunger would still make you weaker," the doctor did not give in so easily either.
"Urgh, fine!" Shadow growled as he felt his stomach literally begging for some food, but he just stubbornly tried to ignore it, as he wanted to get this over with already. He was actually really nervous about how Sonic is going to be after he awakens and the sooner this will be over, the better. Turning around, the hedgehog finally left the lab and returned to his room, making the chao pause and look up at him.

"Chao!" the chao set the pencil down and picking the paper up it held it out on display for Shadow to look at it. However, the hedgie rather just sat by the table and finally took a proper look at the said breakfast Orbot brought here some time earlier, probably, when the two were stil sleeping. Pancakes, fruits in a small bowl and a round-shaped pastille, that looked more like some sort of candy due to its dark purple color decorated by white and pink dots, which covered it from all directions. He curiously raised a brow at the sight, picking it up he sniffed it and found out, that it smells like some kind of unidentifiable fruit. He couldn't quite describe the smell of it and tended to not trust it. What if Eggman rather tried to poison him? Shadow shook such ridiculous thought off. No way Eggman would act all good like this only to poison him. But... he would be capable of such thing, right? The doubt still sat in Shadow's mind either way. Setting the pastille down he sighed and started quietly eating the pancakes, then heard the chao whine, because he did not fulfill its little request to look at its drawing.
"What is it?" he grumbled and looked down at the chao, which kept showing him the picture it drew. Sighing, the hybrid reached out for the paper and accepted it from the chao, then saw the creature shyly hold its paw in front of its mouth and look at him with a faint blush on its cheeks. Shadow moved his gaze at the drawing and his eyes widened as he paused eating and just stared at the picture.