☆Ch13

"....and the winner issssss- KNUCKLES!" Amy, who soon decided to join everyone after noticing them all on the beach, exclaimed, loving his castle with the heart shapes decorating the outter walls of it and a little stick with a leaf attached to it sticking out of the top like a tiny flag.
"WHAT?!" Tails and Sonic both dropped their jaws and Sonic then felt someone's finger taping his shoulder. The azure speedster glanced at the finger's owner and innerly growled, for it was none other but Miles, of course.
"Look! It's you!" the android cheered up while pointing at a perfectly shaped Sonic made of the sand on the ground, adopting Sonic's trademark proud position with the infamous confident grin on his face. Sonic himself stared at it in disbelief and now wondered, why Amy still chose Knuckles' clumsy castle as the winning creation, when obviously here was a plain masterpiece!
"That's.. cool, heh, good job," he forced himself to be nice to Miles along with a small smile, which was enough for the android to cheer up and clap his hands in joyful manner.
"Yay, thanks!"

Tails watched his friend with his new makeshift brother while slightly smiling, knowing, that sooner or later Sonic will grow fond of Miles. Knuckles looked up at Amy with confused expression on his face after being titled as the winner of this little competition and tilted his head to a side.
"Me?"
"Mhm! Yup, I mean, it's surely difficult to shape these hearts on the walls of your castle," Amy elaborated and Knuckles wore a huge smile on his face.

"Yay! I won! Haha, awesome!" the echidna cheered up, making Amy softly giggle at his innocent nature.
"Now, how about we end this interesting day with a good dinner?" she suggested afterwards, getting the team all joyful and cheerful as they moved to the refreshments part of the beach.
"Oh, this Chaos Wrap has to be really delicious!" Tails almost drooled at the brand new offer, which many mobians seemed to buy in order to try it out. The heroes not being an exception, each of them - except for Miles, for he lacked digestive system - got this delicacy and found out, that it was HEAVENLY.
"Hmmmm, this is so far the best thing I could have ever eaten," even Sonic was now melting and for some reason thought of offering this to Shadow, wanting the dark male to try it out as well. The thought of the brooding hedgehog made him slightly blush, but also feel a sharp sting in his chest, it pulled on his heart strings.

"Same here, I will surely buy this more often!" Tails cheered up and Miles could only imagine what this amazing piece of meal tastes like. The smell of the various ingredients brought also the wild badger to the beach, approaching the others she simply stole a half of the wrap from Sonic's plate and ate it.
"Sticks! Buy your own wrap!" Sonic complained while crossing his arms.
"What? Why would I do that, when I can simply take it?" Sticks raised a brow.
"You STOLE it from me!" Sonic exclaimed, being whiny about it.
"Sticks.. Sonic has a point," Amy spoke up next, trying to stay calm about the situation, sensing the rising tension in the air.
"Okay, okay, sorry then, ya have any rings?" Sticks resignated while asking the group for some rings.
"Here," Tails offered her his own rings and she accepted as she rushed over to the stall to also get her wrap.
"Apologies, miss, but we just ran out of the wraps," the seller, a male cheetah, said in a bit sad tone, not wanting to bring such displeasure to the badger, but couldn't do anything about it.
"WHAT?! Oh come on, you HAVE TO have at least one last wrap left!" Sticks panicked, her hunger was now getting the best of her.
"I am sorry, the last one was bought by that gentleman in the distance," the cheetah seller pointed at a dark male figure standing nearby the beach with his back turned towards the rest, facing the ocean waves.

"Thanks!" Sticks grinned and trotted away, making her way towards the stranger, gently tapping his shoulder she then made a quick trick and snatched the wrap away from his grip. However, she messed around with a wrong mobian, as the stranger appeared to be none other but Shadow himself!
"You THIEF!" he snarled at the badger and seeing her run away in shock he immediately chased after her, even sending chaos spears at her due to how angry she now made him by stealing his dinner.