☆Ch16

The next day - usual discovery. Shadow gone and of course nowhere to be found. It was so repetetive behavior of him, that Sonic was slowly getting used to it and soon enough he shall even expect the hybrid to always disappear during the day. However, this time, it was different, for Sonic found the very same napkin from the Wrap they ate the two nights ago, neatly folded on his kitchen counter. Getting curious, the blue hedgehog raised his brow while approaching the counter and taking the napkin he unfolded it, only to discover two words written on it in a surprisingly nearly elegant hand writing.

"τhαηκ γου"

Sonic turned and rotated the napkin in his hands in hopes of seeing anything else, but nope, these two simple words with deep meaning were the only thing written on it. The hedgehog tried to fold it back to its original position, following the lines he somehow made it and set the napkin on a nightstand next to his hammock with a small smile on his face. Perhaps Shadow vanished again, but at least he left some sign for him, that he cares about him and feels grateful for what Sonic does for him.

Feeling much calmer now, Sonic went outside for his morning run, then took a shower - which perfectly refreshed him and made him feel more energetic - and lastly fixed his bandana before speeding off to the village in order to meet up with the others and enjoy some breakfast with them.
"Oh, hi, Sonic!" Amy greeted him with a soft smile on her face, she was the only one of the whole gang, who was present here.
"Hi, Ames, how ya feeling?" Sonic greeted her in return and exceptionally didn't mind to be here only with Amy.
"I feel excited! Today, a new Fuzzy Puppy character is going to get revealed along with quests to obtain it!" she replied almost dreamily and for Sonic this meant only one thing.
"...great, so I shall expect Egghead to appear at any moment, huh?" he crossed his arms, sounding unamused.
"Hey, he isn't only bad! He is a big fan of the game and I bet he is going to do the tasks in order to get this new puppy! They only revealed its rarity and it's LEGENDARY!" Amy giggled and clapped her hands happily like a child, who got their first Christmas present.

"Wonder what the tasks are gonna be," Sonic snickered, getting into better mood now and even forgetting about Shadow for some time being.
"Yeah, me too," Amy nodded in agreement with her companion and the two then entered a small restaurant in the center of the village, where many various pastries and cakes could be smelled all around.
"Ohhhhh, a blueberry pie! Wanna get one too?" Amy cheered up, her eyes straight sparkled at the sight, making Sonic softly chuckle at her cute behavior. Oh wait, since when did he find himself liking Amy in some way? Well, she is sweet, often well-spoken, caring and supportive too, who wouldn't like such angel, right? With horns, though, because Amy could truly turn into a devil, if she is provoked to become one.

"Sure, Ames, will be awesome!" Sonic found himself getting cheerful as well and eventually the two ended up sitting by one of the tables and eating this delicious delight in form of the blueberry pie.
"So, how is it going with you and Shadow?" Amy suddenly asked, curious about how her friend's love life is going. Sonic nearly choked on the pie he had in his mouth and coughing heavily he felt tears fill his eyes from that before he quickly drank a tea they ordered along with the pie.
"M-Me and Shads? Uh, I am not sure, still the same I guess," he replied and shrugged by the end of the sentence, now actually thinking about it. How well is their relationship going, really?

"Awww, I see you already got a nickname for him," Amy held her hands together, rooting for the two males.
"Yeah, but.. I am not sure if he likes it," Sonic rubbed his neck and nervously poked his pie with the small fork he wielded in his other hand.
"He'll come around for sure," Amy tried to comfort him as she smiled and took another bite of the pie, enjoying the delicious taste of it.
"Hope you're right, Ames," Sonic sighed afterwards and continued eating his pie, rather slowly, which was not really typical for such speedy hedhehog like him. Amy didn't really comment it, not wanting to bother him with her observations.