☆Ch50

The purple chameleon was on his way towards the direction of Eggman's base due to locating Shadow's signal, which came exactly from that location. However, before he could fully approach the base, he could see the blue speedster coming out of it, so he swiftly tried to catch up on him.
"Sonic! Wait!" he called out to him, causing Sonic to skid to a halt.
"Huh? Espio? What are you doing here?" Sonic instantly furrowed his brows, definitely not expecting the chameleon here, not to mention alone!
"Don't get me wrong, please, but I need to talk to you for a second," Espio said quietly and Sonic gave him a small nod.
"Go ahead," the hero fully faced him, ready to hear him out, whatever this was about.
"I forgot to tell you, I will need the dark blue chaos emerald back," Espio got straight to the point.
"Oh? Why is that?" Sonic tilted his head, of course questioning it.
"I have my own reason for it, just please, return it to me, once you and Shadow are done with the stuff," Espio nearly pleaded the hedgehog by now, which surprised Sonic to an extent. Espio has never before sounded so desperate.
"Umm... we are kinda done right now, it worked well," Sonic gave the chameleon a sheepish smile while rubbing his quills nervously.
"Great! Then you can return it to me, yes?" Espio cheered up and even smiled at the thought of wielding the chaos emerald, which he could give back to Silver.

"Uhhh, sure... just wait a second then," Sonic shrugged and was gone in a flash, Espio could only watch the blue trail fading behind the speedster. He still wondered, how the hedgehogs are doing that. Moving so fast, that they leave a trail behind them. It was.. fascinating. His mind took him to Silver again, this time trying to form some sort of imagination of the ivory hedgehog running just as fast and leaving a trail behind him. Would it be white? Or maybe golden? Amber? Silver? Shaking his head, the chameleon realized, that he was now a little silly. What was he thinking about? Why was he making up theories about someone he barely knows for a day, if even! Silver is a huge mistery to him and for a long time will probably remain one. Several minutes passed by, when Sonic returned with a scowl on his face and an annoyance straight emitting out of his emerald irises.
"Sorry, pal, here it is," Sonic spoke in a low tone and handed the chameleon the wanted royal blue chaos emerald. Espio accepted the item and hid it in his imaginary inventory.
"Thanks, but... did something happen?" he asked him in worry, noticing the hero's change of behavior.
"Not really, just our old Eggy, ya know the stuff," Sonic rolled his eyes and crossed his arms.
"Understandable. Thanks again," Espio nodded and turning around he started heading back home while also checking his messages. Still no response from Silver. How frustrating.

📲"Greetings, Silver. I now have the emerald for you, tell me a spot you want to meet up at, please."

He typed and sent the new message. It's been a few hours since his last message, thus he assumed, that Silver could be done with the meating by now and finally respond. As if some higher forces heard the chameleon's desires, the familiar three dots appeared next to Silver's icon, which brought a huge relief to the reptile's core.

📲"Hi, Espio. I am really sorry for not responding anytime sooner, the meeting was hectic.... anyways, meet me at the outskirts of Acropolis, the west side. I will not have too much time, my father keeps an eye on me almost all the time."

Espio read the message from Silver and frowned at the context. A sharp sting flowed through his chest, for he hoped, that he will be able to spend some time with him, since he didn't want to keep him only in the business field. Releasing a sigh he took a moment to let the informations sink, before he could type some response.

📲"I understand. I'll see you in a bit."

It was short, but what else could he, honestly, say, right? Last thing he saw before locking his phone screen was Silver typing just a simple "^^" symbols in response, which made the chameleon scoff. Was Silver really that naive? Or was he just keeping a positive mindset, despite the difficult life he might have because of his father? Theories, once again, flooded the reptile's mind, whilst he headed towards the said meeting spot.