☆Ch47

⚠️A bit of fluff ahead, read at your own risk⚠️

The next morning felt like a pure paradise for Sonic, as he woke up first and stretching a little he then looked at his lover with a happy smile on his face. Shadow was still fast asleep, so the blue hero took advantage of it to look at Shadow's features from upclose. The soft looking black and red fur covering his entire body, the adorable round nose, soft saffron lips, which Sonic loved so much to kiss anytime he had a chance. His heart skipped a beat from the last night events, as he replayed the memories in his head. The way Shadow touched him, the way he was so tender and caring towards him and... the way he marked him. Sonic instinctively lifted his hand and slowly ran his fingers across the mark on his neck, feeling it still so sensitive, but he didn't mind. It meant the world to him, that Shadow actually had the courage to do it. His eyes landed on the milky white chest fur of his partner and unable to resist he placed his hand on it before raking his fingers through it in a stroking motion, earning a soft purr from the dark hybrid.

Looking up at Shadow's face, Sonic could see the hybrid even smiling in his sleep and that made the hero grin a little, as he continued stroking the chest fur, causing Shadow's purrs to intensify with every passing second.
"Aww, Shads~" he whispered quietly while completely melting due to the absolute cuteness. He kept stroking his chest for a little longer before leaning down to rather kiss it and give the sleeping hedgie the loving affection, which he was just unable to hold back. At one point, he ended up kissing the other's neck and had to pause himself, when he felt the very same urge to mark his lover, especially when Shadow moved his head a bit aside in his sleep. Sonic never thought, that Shadow could be this hard sleeper, but he assumed, that the hybrid did need some good rest for once. After all, the chaos emeralds hunt was a little exhausting, Sonic had to admit. The more he was now glad and calm about the fact, that they have collected all of them, basically. Despite Chaotix still having three chaos emeralds, whilst he and Shadow have the rest.

Sonic pulled away and rather supressed the urge in him, not wanting to do it without his partner's consent. Not to mention, that it would be considered rude to do it, when Shadow's asleep. Sonic released a quiet sigh and decided to just explore his lover's body in the meantime, running his hand slowly across the other's arm freely resting by Shadow's side he reached the unique pawed hand and taking it to his own he took a closer look at the hybrid's claws and gently rubbed the other's paw pads. The colors of them were still so unique to him, despite himself having hetero-colored paws. Shadow's were multi-colored and Sonic loved them so much.

Letting go of the black hand with the red stripe, Sonic then ended up moving his hand on the hybrid's belly, where he gently traced various shapes with his index finger and this was finally a touch, that awakened the lifeform.
"Hmm..mm..," Shadow hummed as he slowly woke up, unintentionally startling the loving hero and causing him to remove his hand from his belly in swift motion.
"Morning, Shads," Sonic acted innocent, attempting to make Shadow believe, that he didn't just stroke his belly out of curiousness. Shadow felt tingles in his stomach and chest from all the loving touches and opening his eyes properly he glanced at his lover in the eyes.
"Morning," he replied in husky voice, which made him deeply blush in embarrassment. Sonic chuckled in response and planted a small caring morning kiss on Shadow's cheek.

"How do you feel?" he asked him caringly while just relaxing his hand on Shadow's chest fur, no longer daring to touch him anywhere else.
"Exceptionally really good. What about you?" Shadow replied calmly, now in softer tone of his voice, yet the huskiness was still there due to the lifeform just being freshly awake at the moment.
"Like in a heaven~" Sonic mused in flirty tone, as he halfway closed his eyelids while smirking. His charm made Shadow's cheeks turn deep crimson and Sonic dared to fully climb on top of his partner, cuddling close to him he buried his face to the other's chest fur and softly purred upon the loving moment they shared together. Shadow softly sighed, not really minding his partner doing that, as he lifted his free hand and placed it to Sonic's quills, which he started absentmindedly playing with, earning an intense, yet soft purrs from the hero.
"Shads?" Sonic suddenly called his lover's name and lifted his head to look at him, causing him to stop the stroking for a moment.
"Yes, Sonic?" Shadow lifted his eyebrow while looking up at the other.
"How are we going to do this? You know, once we wield all the chaos emeralds... you know what Cel said about it, I.. I am a bit nervous now," Sonic shared his worries, his ears even lowering a bit.
"It's okay, Sonic. We will do it together, so, no matter what happens, we will be there for each other. I just hope, that the doctor didn't have any troubles building the machine, so we could finally bring her back today," Shadow spoke in calm, soothing tone while rubbing the other's back and quills to further comfort him.