☆Ch10

"....hedgehog! Wake up! Sonic!" someone shook the blue hero's body, which finally awakened him, blue eyelids slowly opened and revealed the emerald irises landing on the mobian's face above him.
"Hmm.... Shadow?" Sonic called the other's name carefully, seeing the blurry head above him slowly getting the features sharper and soon his vision became normal. He found himself laying on the ground with Shadow sitting next to him and once he sat up, he could see the Canyon environment surrounding them. Was he just... dreaming?

"Finally!" Shadow scoffed and removed his hands from Sonic's chest, his cheeks quickly warmed up upon the realization of where he touched the hero and turned to face the nature instead in order to hide his blush. Sonic looked at him from head to toe and had to admit, glad he was to see him alive and as healthy as ever. Smiling brightly at the memory of himself saving Shadow's life with the Amber he got so happy, that he just had to hug his ebony companion tightly and burry his face into his surprisingly really soft, milky white chest fur.

"Huh? Hey, what's wrong w-with you! Ugh, what're y-you doing!" Shadow instantly became defensive, seeing such embrace as a threat and bristled his quills, which prickled the blue hedgehog's arms, so Sonic was forced to quickly let go with a painful squeak.
"Shadow! I am just hugging you, not gonna hurt you, calm down, will ya!" the hero hastily explained himself, or at least tried.
"Why would you do that in the first place?" Shadow asked him while slowly relaxing his quills as he glanced into the other's eyes, deep down feeling some strange kind of connection with the other and felt an urge to be close to him. Which he didn't understand, why he got it in him so suddenly, not having a memory of anything after he fell unconscious behind Sonic's shack.

"Uhhh, well, I am just happy to... see you again? Heh," Sonic replied nervously now as his peach cheeks caught a pinkish hue and he rubbed his arm to subconsciously comfort himself.
"You're weird," Shadow stated while shaking his head as he got up and stretched his body.
"Thanks, love you too," Sonic smirked as he also stood up and just then he realized, what he said, which made him turn fully deep crimson in his face and cover his mouth while watching Shadow in anticipation.

The ebony hedgehog froze in spot, his ear flicked twice and his own face turned bright red from the words hitting his eardrums and settling down in his brain. Turning his gaze towards the hero he wore shocked expression, which soon transformed into an unreadable one, as he was slowly letting the words sink in his mind. His heart speeded up the pace a bit in response to such impulse caused by the simple words leaving the blue hedgehog's unstoppable mouth.
"Eeeeeh, nevermind, f-forget I said anything, heh, see ya!" Sonic panicked, when he saw Shadow stare at him so speechless and speeding off he tried to just simply run away from the situation.
"No, no, no... how could I? Ugh, I messed up so badly, he's now going to be angry at me! Hehe, I didn't really think, that he would ever like me back, huh? Who am I kidding, of course I did! Somebody help!" he frantically spoke to himself while running in high velocity all across the Seaside Island and trying his best to not think of the amazing first kiss he shared with his rival in the frozen temple, which, sadly, only he can remember. Shadow had no memory of it and if he did, maybe he would want to punch the life out of Sonic. The blue hero was sure of it.

"But I sacrificed myself for- OOF!" Sonic spoke to himself again, due to his unfocused state of mind he collided with someone's body and the impact made both him and the mobian fall onto the soft sand of the beach they both could find themselves on.
"Urghhh, that was a hit," Sonic rubbed his head and looked at the mobian he collided with, his eyes widening upon the sight of the echidna sitting halfway in the sand with his chest covered by a fresh fruity ice cream and an empty cone in his hand.
"Knuckles! I'm so sorry!" Sonic quickly stood up and offered the other his hand.
"You... t-this was my first specially flavored ice cream today! You... you made me waste it!" the echidna threatened to tear up. Sonic gave him a sheepish smile while rubbing his quills.
"Ehehe, come on, Knux, I can buy you a new one! Even double portion!" he promised to his friend, who slowly stood up and brushed the sand off of his body before using his long tongue to lick the ice cream away from his chest and thus clean himself.