☆Ch37

"Impossible....," Shadow whispered to himself in pure astonishment while still staring at the very human friend of his, whom he thought of as forever gone ever since she succumbed to the illness. The hybrid couldn't wrap his head around it. If she was dead, why was Eggman keeping her here in the stasis then? Slowly, anger started taking over his form as he clenched his fists.
"How could he do this to me! He was going behind my back this whole time?!" he hissed at nobody in particular and his ear twitched upon someone's sudden arrival to the cave.
"Wow, this is pretty cool," none other but the crazy badger's voice softly echoed through the cave, causing Shadow glare at her and immediately drag her outside by her arm. Once outside, he slammed her against a tree and pinned her down to it.
"What the hell are you doing here?!" he snarled at her angrily whilst Sticks struggled against him and clawed at his left arm, which stung him, but he kept his grip on her neck still so strong and tight.
"U-Ugh, w-was just... pick...ing fruits a-and saw the... ca..ve open, so I... got cu...rious," she wheezed due to her windpipe being squeezed, which soon got freed, as Shadow loosened his grip on her, yet held her against the tree for a bit longer.
"Curiosity killed a badger, remember that!" he hissed at her in response. Sticks' eyebrows met in the center of her forehead.
"Wasn't it a cat, that got ki-"
"I am NOT fooling around, you crazy badger!!" Shadow harshly snapped at her, cutting her off he yanked her towards the ground and let her fall down with a thud and painful groan.
"Ow, do you even know how to treat a lady, you demon?" she complained and getting up onto her feet she brushed some dust and dirt off of her fur before giving Shadow a serious glare.
"I will, once I see one," Shadow retorted in stubborn manner while crossing his arms, causing Sticks dramatically gasp at how rude he is.
"I won't let this one slide!" she growled at him, being more feisty than she seems to be.
"Why should I care?" Shadow raised a brow arrogantly.
"Urghgg, you- what were you even doing in there? I heard you talking to that weird glassy bed," the badger dropped the topic and instead turned the page onto another.

"None of your business, now leave, before I make you!" Shadow hissed at the reminder of Maria laying frozen in the capsule. Now that he thought about it, he assumed, that Eggman was most likely trying to develop the cure for her, as the hedgehog recalled the sight of the unknown purple liquid. Right. And the tiny golden particles being chaos energy source, which he was very well familiar with. Still, how could Eggman keep this from him and thus have him believe, that Maria is truly gone for good? Shadow had all rights to know about this! It was so unfair!
"Not until you tell me, what is going on here!" Sticks opposed.
"I wasn't asking, get out!" Shadow snarled at her menacingly, but she did not seem fazed by his tantrums.
"Look, if it calms you down, I also talk to stuff, pretty a lot," the badger admitted her own strange obsession with talking to inanimate objects like to a living person. Shadow got completely dumbfounded by her statement, as he raised a brow in confusion.
"What?"
"Ya heard me! Ohhhh, am I so glad to finally not be the only one doing so!" Sticks said with relief lacing her voice and out of impulse she suddenly hugged the ebony hedgehog, which caused him fully tense up and instantly attempt to push her away.
"Don't touch me, you crazy badger!" he growled at her and managed to push her away from him before clenching his fists in yet another wave of anger flowing through him. He exceptionally lets Sonic hug him, but no way in hell and heaven this badger, whom he barely knows!

"Hm, you're no fun, demon!" Sticks scoffed in response and crossed her arms.
"Stop calling me that!" Shadow hissed at her and went to move the fake boulder all the way back to its original position, which took him a lot of effort.
"You can fly and teleport magically anywhere you want, plus your eyes are eeeviiiiillll, so, you are a demon! I know you are!" Sticks tried to get her point across and justify her crazy theory.
"You're talking nonsense! These shoes have jets installed in them and I teleport thanks to chaos energy, there is nothing 'demonic' about me!" Shadow retorted with a scoff and crossed his arms, once the boulder in disguise was back on its original spot. Sticks released a sudden gasp while widening her eyes.
"You are son of a demon!! We are all doomed!" she gripped the sides of her head before running away from him, trying to 'save herself' from this 'son of demon'. Shadow watched her in total confusion and astonishment before shaking his head at her odd behavior, as he activated the said jets in his airboots and flying up to the air he headed to Eggman's base, now having much more important business to take care of.