☆Ch46

⚠️Warning: fluff ahead, possible intense loving sensations might be caused by it, read at your own risk⚠️

Angel Island. A beautiful floating island with luxuriant vegetation, crystal clear water, hidden heavenly chao garden behind a magic portal and a round shrine with staircases, where there are 7 pillars surrounding a huge gem known as Master Emerald.

At the moment, the Master Emerald had a company in form of the white furred female bat, Rouge, who stood in front of it with astonished expression on her face and sparkles in her eyes. She absolutely loves various types of gems and jewelery and this huge gem is like a jackpot for her. Pulling her phone out of her jeans pocket she posed in front of the huge emerald and took a selfie with it in the background. But one picture wasn't enough, of course, so approaching one of the pillars she set a timer in her phone before leaning it vertically against it and then quickly going to pose for her next picture with a wide smile on her face. She formed a peace sign with her fingers and contemplated whether she should lift her leg or not, thus made the picture slightly blurry, because she moved at the incorrect moment.
"Urgh, okay, again," she came over to her phone and launched the timer again before quickly posing for the picture, forming just the same happy wide smile on her face in an attempt to take a perfect picture. It could work this time, only if she did not get startled by a sudden double voice exclaiming "ROUGE?!" She swiftly turned her head in the voices' direction and her phone snapped the picture of her utterly shocked expression and tensed, outstretched wings.
"Sonic, Shadow? What are you two doing here?" she instantly questioned them with a raised eyebrow and blushing in total embarrassment she went to take her phone and rather put it back to her pocket, for now.
"We should be asking you that," Sonic retorted while crossing his arms.
"Are you stealing again?" Shadow asked, unamused.
"Wha- NO! Of course not!" Rouge raised her hands in denial while shaking her head.
"Then why are you here?" Sonic asked and stepped closer to the bat.
"Just taking.. pictures, ahem," Rouge averted her gaze and the two males exchanged a confused looks before returning their attention back to her.
"Eeeh, sure, with the Master Emerald?" Sonic pointed at the huge gem, still a bit confused by Rouge's intentions.
"Yes, obviously," Rouge nodded and shrugged nonchalantly, as she relaxed her wings and acted calmer now.
"Uhhh, okay," Sonic resignated questioning their friend any further, whilst Shadow approached the big emerald and picked up the green chaos emerald laying on the ground right next to it.
"Hey! The chaos emerald is mine! I found it on top of that pillar!" Rouge instantly went defensive while pointing at the same pillar she leaned the phone against earlier.
"Rouge, we are currently in a situation, where we need all the chaos emeralds and only two are remaining for us to collect, now only one," Sonic tried to explain without spoiling the truth. Rouge tilted her head and glanced at Shadow, then back at Sonic.
"What could be so important for you to collect all of them?" the bat questioned their reason behind it.
"Uh, it's... just trust us, okay? You can even have it back, once we're done with it," Sonic rubbed his quills while forming a sheepish smile on his face.

The sun was currently in its setting stage, as the hedgehogs got up there during the late afternoon, which now meant a night spent on Angel Island for them. Rouge didn't have any certain plan at all, but got one idea, which made her slightly smirk for herself.
"Yeah, alright, I do trust you with that then," she nodded in response and outstretched her wings wide.
"Where are you going?" Sonic tilted his head to a side.
"Oh, just to tease a certain echidna~" Rouge giggled before smirking at the pair.
"Don't have too much fun, you two~" she added, completely flustering the hedgehog couple.
"Just go already!" Shadow growled while turning crimson in his face due to her little flirty tease and watched her flying up to the sky and leaving the floating island.
"So, we got almost all of them now. We just need to wait for Chaotix to give us some-"
"Sonic, Shadow, come in!" as if on cue, Espio's voice suddenly spoke from Shadow's communicator, which surprised the mentioned hedgehog to an extent.
"Espio? How did you get to my line?" he asked genuinely curious.
"Charmy," was Espio's short answer, which spoke for the whole explanation. Charmy was usually the brain of the team, able to hack into systems and thus he was able to tune in to Shadow's line.
"We got the chaos emerald for you, guys, did you get the last one?" Espio announced, then asked with hope lacing his voice.
"Oh, who would we be if we don't!" Sonic piped up in cheerful tone while giving Shadow a small wink. For a little moment he wondered, how Rouge could know about them being together, but eventually came to an assumption, that she probably talked to the others or heard of it somehow.
"Means, that we have collected all of them!" Charmy could be heard replying in an equally cheerful tone and the two hedgehogs could perfectly picture him with the happy smile on his face.
"Yeah. Let's meet up on the south side of Seaside Island tomorrow," Shadow suggested, since the Angel Island floated nearest to that direction.
"Roger! We'll be there in the morning," Espio replied before the line died down.