☆Ch5

The next day it was Valentine's day, the local folks around the whole Hedgehog Village seemed to be in a collectively positive mood, hung and put many decorations on display wherever they could and some special Valentine stores opened up.
"Awww, my favourite day is finally here," Amy sighed dreamily while holding a heart balloon in her hands, looking at it she decided to hang it by the entrance of her shack. The balloon nicely complimented the place and the sight made her softly smile.

"Hey, Amy!" Sticks walked over to her with a happy smile on her face, Amy waving her hand in greeting manner.
"Hi, Sticks. Are you going to join us this year?" she asked the badger, who usually wasn't interested in these special occassions.
"I suppose I could give it a try," Sticks shrugged and Amy gave her a kind smile.
"You can always leave, if anything makes you uncomfortable," she gently patted the badger's shoulder. In fact, Sticks wanted to see, if she could capture the dark hedgehog, seeing the occassion as a great opportunity, for everyone is going to be busy with the celebration and thus nobody will focus on her and her little plans. At least, she believed so.

"I know," Sticks nodded in confirmation and Knuckles soon joined the girls, wearing a black bow tie along with a formal jacket and even pants and formal shoes.
"Wow...," Amy widened her eyes, for she has never seen the echidna wearing such choice of clothes.
"Hello, ladies, I feel super generous today," Knuckles said proudly with a bright smile on his face, trying his best to act polite and formal. The girls softly giggled in response and all the three mobians started walking towards the center of the village.
"It does fit you, Knuckles," Amy admitted, making Knuckles feel even happier.
"Thanks! I am trying my best," he replied in joyful tone.

Surprisingly enough, they found Tails wearing a simple white button shirt, dark purple bow tie and black pants along with black shoes. The fur on top of his head was also specially styled and he smelled like a soft cologne.
"Oh Tails, you look...." Sticks wasn't able to finish her sentence, since she was trying to find the perfect word to describe the male fox.
"Handsome?" Tails raised an eyebrow before chuckling, the others laughing along with him.
"Are you going to try your luck with Zooey?" Amy asked him curiously with a small grin on her face, flustering the poor fox boy, who blushed in response.

"Ehhh, maybe? I-I mean.. she seems to like me back," he admitted and rubbed his head while smiling in nervous manner.
"Trust me, she is all over you," Amy winked at him to boost his confidence and bring comfort to him.
"I hope you're right, Amy," Tails replied quietly and looked around to hopefully catch a sight of the female fox. Today, he was going to confess his feelings properly to her and prayed for the best result possible.

"Have any of you seen her?" he asked his friends, Knuckles shook his head, Sticks shrugged and Amy frowned thoughtfully.
"I don't think I saw her today," Amy said carefully, hearing Tails softly sigh.
"But no worries, Tails, I am sure she will show up anytime now," Sticks tried to comfort their friend.
"Thank you, guys," Tails smiled at them, grateful to have such good friends by his side.
"Is Sonic going to join us?" Amy asked him afterwards, which made the fox remember the conversation with him from the day prior, but he kept his promise to never speak of it.
"I am not sure, I haven't seen him since the last morning," he replied honestly, wondering, if the blue hedgehog is now with Shadow somewhere.

"Oh, hold up," Amy pressed her communicator button to connect with Sonic's line.
"Hey, Sonic. Are you going to hangout with us today?" she asked and along with the others waited for any possible answer. There was a rustling noise before the blue hedgie's raspy voice spoke up.
"Hey... isn't it too early now?" he sounded sleepy, which made the group quietly giggle.
"Well, maybe, but it's Valentine's day and I think it would be shame, if you miss it," Amy replied calmly, watching the flickering communicator, whenever Sonic spoke.
"I'll come later, maybe," was his response  followed by another rustling noise. Tails now started doubting, that Sonic is indeed with Shadow, yet... the reason, why Sonic would MAYBE come later, could be exactly him spending time with the black hedgehog.
"Alright, have a good rest, Sonic," Amy replied to the communicator.
"Thanks, Ames. Say hi for me," Sonic yawned before the line got shut off as the blue hedgehog ended the call and probably went back to sleep.