☆Ch20

"Wow, I never thought you would love milk chocolate this much, Shads!" Sonic quietly laughed as he took a piece of white chocolate and enjoyed its amazing sweet, creamy taste, which spread all through his mouth and stimulated his senses and taste buds. Shadow paused eating before he swallowed the sweet delight and rolled his eyes.
"My most favourite is dark chocolate," he replied quietly and took the matching piece of chocolate, shoving it to his mouth he let it slowly melt in his mouth, enjoying the bitter-sweet taste of it.
"I wonder why~" Sonic grinned at him and took a milk chocolate piece to eat. The two have been sitting on the soft carpet in the center of Shadow's cave for a few hours by now and just enjoyed each other's company. Shadow found such a thing highly useful, because nobody else could ever see them here. Sonic and Eggman are the only living beings, who know about his cave's location. With Eggman it was a little worrisome, because Shadow could never know what the man might be up to.
"Shads?" Sonic suddenly called the other's name and stood up, making Shadow look up at him with questioning look as he sipped some juice from a juice boxes, that were packed in the basket along with the sweet snacks.
"Hm?"
"May I... try to do something?" the azure hedgehog asked with red cheeks, which perked Shadow's curiousness and the hybrid nodded, allowing him to try this whatever Sonic might have been planning. Sonic took a deep breath and moved behind the ebony hedgehog, which caused Shadow tense up and watch him cautioisly.
"What are you up to?" he asked in confusion.
"Hehe, don't worry, just close your eyes and relax, okay?" Sonic said with a little sheepish smile as he nervously giggled in response. Shadow narrowed his eyes at first, but then released a long sigh and restrained from rolling his eyes as he closed them and tried to relax. Yet, his body was constantly tensed and his ears were pointed backwards to hear, what Sonic was doing. He could hear him move and his eyes shot wide open, when he suddenly felt warmth spread all over his back and an arms snaking around him from behind, the other's hands resting on his stomach. Eventually, he realized what this was. A simple backhug. Like back then on the beach before receiving the nice massage from Sonic. His face heated up, his tan cheeks turned fully dark red and he stared at the other hedgehog's hands, which also softly traced shapes on his stomach, causing him feel a strong tingle in its center.

"S-Sonic...," he shyly called the other's name.
"Shhh, just.. let me make you feel good, please," he could feel Sonic's hot breath on the back of his neck, when Sonic spoke up, the blue speedy hedgehog suddenly getting clingy and loving.
"I-I.... is this... the right thing for us?" Shadow managed to utter the question without stuttering any worse.
"Hmm? What do you mean?" Sonic asked while resting his chin on Shadow's shoulder and already relaxing with the dark hedgehog in his arms.
"All the things we do...," Shadow elaborated, still rather resting his own hands on his thighs, not allowing himself to give in to the urge to be just as romantic.
"Do they make you feel good, Shads?" Sonic asked softly and started quietly purring while burying his muzzle to the spot between Shadow's neck and shoulder.
"I-I... think they do?" Shadow replied in questioning tone, unsure about his own judgement of it all.
"Then it doesn't matter, if it's right or wrong," Sonic replied and smiled due to the knowledge, that Shadow does enjoy his touches and affection he feeds him with. Shadow learned another fact at that moment and sighing again he finally dared to move his hands over Sonic's, gently grabbing them with his fingers he occassionally rubbed them with his thumbs and explored the heartwarming and loving sensations flowing through him, as they shared this romantic moment.

"Sonic... um.. thanks," the ebony hedgehog looked to the side, getting shy and flustered, which Sonic found completely adorable and he even felt victorious, for he managed to get this dark hedgehog to his arms in such way everyone else could only dream of. It felt special to him, so of course he wasn't going to give up on such love so easily. If ever!
"Hehe, you're welcome, Shads~" Sonic mused in cheerful tone and nuzzled his actually pretty sweet companion, earning a small growl from him. In fact, such growl wasn't of a warning type, more like a rougher purring noise. And Sonic could sense that, as he just melted in response, exactly like the dark chocolate melting in Shadow's mouth moments prior.
"You know, you're pretty soft," he admitted, when Shadow remained quiet all the time.
"Hardly," Shadow retorted while gritting his teeth. Soft. Being soft. Is weakness. For him, it means weakness. Being a softy never meant anything good for him, ever since a certain incident occured months ago. And now he was under-
"Say what you want, Shads, but I can see the truth~" Sonic popped Shadow's bubble of thoughts and, for once, Shadow was grateful for it, not wanting to think of that.... something, that's been going on behind the curtains, figuratively.
"Sure you can," the ebony lifeform scoffed, earning a soft giggle from Sonic.
"You will never be different, hmm? It's kinda what I am used to by now and like about you," Sonic admitted openly.
"Tch, you shouldn't!" Shadow groaned, this time it was of a warning type.
"But I do~ and nothing can stop me," the speedster replied, stubborn.
"You're hopeless," Shadow sighed in resignation and finally closed his eyes, allowing himself to let Sonic cuddle him and make him feel loved.
"Hopelessly in love with you? Heck yes!" Sonic twisted the other's words in a way, where Shadow just got further flustered and didn't know what else to say in response, so he remained silent while blushing deeply for the whole time.