☆Ch24

The gang playing on the beach got also accompanied by Cream and Kitsunami, who arrived this morning to the village and were allowed to stay in an extra room Zooey has in her house and the two nicely got along with the female fox. They joined the others on the beach with such delay, for they had some stuff to take care of first.
"Cream! Kit!" Tails gasped and getting up he brushed some sand off of his hands - from trying to build something thanks to a few plastic forms - and rushing towards the two newcomers he shared a group hug with them. Kit was a little bit more shy and reserved, letting out a soft giggle he gently patted Tails' back while hiding his face under his long bangs and blush slightly crept up to his cheeks. He still worked on getting used to socializing, but he was worse in the past. Now he at least let Cream's friends come close to him and hug him.
"Glad you guys joined us! Wanna build with me?" the male fox asked them after breaking the hug, which cheered them both up.
"Of course!" Cream nodded and giggling she took her boyfriend's hand to lead him to the sandy beach with Tails following right behind.
"Ahoy! My name's Miles!" the android brother of Tails instantly waved his hand at the incoming couple. Kit was a little cautious around such being, while Cream casually smiled at him and greeted him with a little wave of her own.
"I am Cream, this is Kitsunami, but I call him shortly Kit," she introduced herself and her partner.
"Oi, Kit? Surely adorable kit," Miles played with words a little and Kit faintly blushed at the compliment, while also widening his eyes in awe from the fact, that an android is able to express emotions. Miles had '^ ^' in his eyes displays for a moment before they turned back to the cool blue digital irises.
"Heh.. um, thanks," the fennec rubbed his neck and saw Cream and Tails already sitting on the sand and building something together. Looking around he also greeted the rest of the gang and lastly his eyes landed on Shadow, who sat a bit aside and looked bored, as he absentmindedly carved random shapes in the sand, using a stick for it, while supporting his head with his hand, as that elbow rested on the knee belonging to one of his crossed legs. Sonic was next to him, as to spend more time with him.
"And who is he?" he asked Tails while pointing with his head motion towards the ebony male.
"Oh? That's Shadow, today is his first day of joining us here. He... well, he was really bad for most of the time, but now he's doing a little better. Mostly thanks to Sonic," Tails explained while staring at Shadow's back with sympathy in his eyes.

"I see. Would he mind if I..." the fennec trailed off, just hinting what he meant. Tails shrugged in response.
"Try and see, but be careful, okay? He's not the best with people he doesn't know well," he replied and looked at Kit, who gave him a small nod and taking a deep breath he dared to slowly step all the way over to the two hedgehogs. Tails watched him carefully at first but then refocused on the sand building he was making along with Cream and later also Zooey, who arrived with some dessert in her hand. Kit sensed something... special about the dark hedgehog and something told him, that he was very similar to him.
"Uh, h-hi," he said shyly while holding his hands together and hanging his tail low, his ears even lower than usual - if that was possible.

Sonic and Shadow both perked up and turned their heads towards the newcomer, Sonic instantly got up and smiled at him, while Shadow remained sitting and later on continued carving something to the sand.
"Hi, Kit! Fancy to see ya here! Heh, sorry for not noticing you earlier, I've been talking to Shads here," the blue hedgehog spoke to the fennec in cheerful tone and then wore an apologetic smile, which Kit just waved at.
"Nah, you're good, Sonic. Uh.. y-you see, I am a little.. interested to maybe talk to him, i-if.. he doesn't mind," the fennec stuttered a bit while looking down at Shadow, there still being something so alluring about him.
"Oh? Well, you can ask him, he won't bite your head off. He might look scary to strangers, but trust me, he is a BIG softy, who wouldn't-"
"You can talk to me," Shadow said loud enough to cut Sonic off and prevent him from saying more facts about him, his cheeks now had a pinkish hue because of the sort of compliment from Sonic. Being a big softy deep down, that was kinda compliment to him. But he hated any strangers seeing that side of him, since he still prefered to have the bad reputation, which kept people in safe distance from him.
"Oh, heh, ya heard him. Well, I gotta play with Amy and Knux for a bit, have a nice chat, guys," Sonic swiftly excused himself and feeling embarassed he rushed off to join the two mentioned friends, who were playing with the big beach ball in the meantime.