☆Ch19

For a whole week Sonic didn't wish to see anyone, as he needed to cope with the events occuring that fateful night, when he had a fight with Shadow and later on got saved by him, despite the ebony male still being iffy about his own feelings. Sonic's friends kept visiting his shack, but he never let them in, telling them to go away. Thus, every day they left some little gift at his doorstep, believing, that one day Sonic will come out and discover them. It was Sunday - the cloudy sky outside truly didn't match the day's name at all though - when Sticks, Knuckles and Tails all gathered in Amy's shack to discuss their next move regarding the stubborn blue hedgehog.
"He hasn't come out for a week now! We have to do something," Tails sighed and got pulled by Knuckles to sit on the couch next to him, for he was the only one standing. Most likely due to the nerve-wrecking situation, which made him feel anxious.
"Well, how about we find Shadow and bring him to Sonic? Let them make up," Amy suggested calmly, not letting her emotions get the better of her.
"Finding Shadow in this island is like searching for a mythical artifact!" Tails opposed, hinting, that it's nearly impossible to find this hybrid and one had to be truly lucky to spot him.

"Then, we are going to go on an adventure, find this "artifact" and bring him to Sonic!" Amy cheered up, actually ready for some adventurous trip out there across the whole island, determined to find the lifeform at all cost and hopefully convince him to go with them.
"Are you sure?" Tails raised a brow, while Sticks also cheered up.
"Yippie! Adventure time!" she exclaimed and getting up she wagged her tail fast behind her in excitement.
"Do you have any better idea?" Amy asked Tails while crossing her arms.
"We don't even know where to start," Tails shrugged in slight defense.
"Food!" Knuckles suddenly exclaimed, making everyone look at him questioningly. He looked at them all with a grin on his face.
"Huh?"
"Food is always the best way how to get to someone's heart," he elaborated.
"Are you suggesting, that we should bring some food with us?" Amy asked while raising her brow, earning a nod of confirmation from the echidna.
"Hmm, maybe it makes sense. If we show up empty handed, he might not give us a chance to bargain," Tails agreed with the idea and Knuckles smiled in joyful manner, that finally some of his ideas is getting recognition.
"Yeah, fair point," Amy nodded too and stood up, moving to her kitchen she looked for any good food she might have around. She found some leftover cookies she made yesterday, so she put them neatly to a picnic basket. Afterwards, she also added some chocolate, believing, that even such grump like Shadow will not be able to resist the sweet delight. The others got ready for this trip and Amy returned to them with the basket hooked on her arm.
"Alright, I think we're ready, let's go!" she cheered up and along with her friends she left the shack, heading out towards the jungle first.

☆~•~☆

At the same moment, Sonic finally came out of his shack and indeed instantly noticed all the gifts his friends left at his doorstep.
"Oh wow..." he uttered quietly in response to the sight and gathering all the gifts he took them inside his shack before fully coming out and stretching his limbs he then went on his run, which he missed already by now and luckily felt mentally better, so he was ready to function normally again. He still felt guilty for what he said to Shadow and wanted to apologize, feeling ready to face the lifeform today. He headed towards the Canyon first, hoping to find the lifeform there.
"Shadow!" he called out the hedgehog's name while cupping his mouth, making his voice echo through the whole area. As it faded away, silence took over the place again.
'Of course he's not here,' Sonic thought bitterly and sighing he sped off towards his next destination - the jungle. There he was careful to not make a wrong step and get caught in one of Sticks' booby traps set all across the area. He moved quietly and soon enough his ears detected a movement, which filled him with hope and perking his ears up he headed towards the direction he heard the footsteps from, suddenly forgetting about the safety and thus he yelped as his body got yanked to the air and his ankle got tightly gripped by a rope. Great. He just caught himself into one of those traps!
"Oh sweet lord- Amy?!" he grumbled grumpily before widening his eyes as he could see the pink hedgette on the ground beneath him. The others soon approached her as well and Sticks smacked her face with her hand.
"Seriously? Those traps are for intruders, not you, Sonic!" she complained and climbing up the tree she grabbed the rope and started biting it in order to cut it short and release Sonic from the trap. With a huff and a thud, Sonic fell on the ground afterwards and groaned at such harsh landing.