☆Ch17

In the afternoon, most of the villagers were gathered in the square of the village, where there were 7 tables scattered around and forming a sort of huge circle. Each table was decorated by a white tablecloth with golden colored ornaments sewed into it, almost as if this was supposed to be something royal. When in fact, it was just a Fuzzy Puppy competition. There were boards with colorful spots scattered all around them sitting on top of each table along with the pieces and dice. Everything was prepared for this competition and a male snow leopard stepped up onto the medium sized stage. Clearing his throat in the microphone next to him he tried to get everyone's attention.
"Dear citizens of Seaside Island, we have gathered here to celebrate tenth anniversary of the classic game Fuzzy Puppies, which many of you are surely very excited about!" he greeted everyone and applaus with cheerful whistles echoed through the whole square. Lifting his hand up, the leopard managed to shush everyone.
"At this moment, the brand new legendary puppy is going to get revealed to all of you and the game participants will receive a list of the tasks to complete in order to obtain the new figure," he continued his speech, everyone seemed to listen carefully and the said game participants were burning upon impatience, already wanting to get it over with and melt in joy while wielding the new legendary piece of art in form of the puppy figure. The one problem was, that only two winners could obtain it, so this is truly going to be a battle among the participants.

Sonic was part of the crowd too, but didn't seem too amused by this sensational event. Amy approached him and gripped his arm tightly.
"Finally, there you are! Follow me!" she spoke to him hastily and before he could say or do anything, he got dragged to a secluded area, where a few mobians stood in small groups all around and just quietly chatted while using some snacks and drinks from the refreshments stalls standing in every corner of the square.
"What's up, Ames?" Sonic raised his brow once he regained his balance.
"This!" Amy smiled brightly while showing him the perfume vial she got from Eggman.
"Wow, you really got it? How did you-"
"Pfffft, easy, I told him, that there is an annoying guy, who wouldn't leave me alone and I need to get rid of him with a scent of another male on me," she explained her little mischievous action from earlier and it made Sonic grin in victory.
"That was smart," he complimented her and she nodded in agreement while popping the cap of the vial open.
"Now hold still," she aimed it carefully at Sonic's bandana and sprayed this masculine scent all over it, making sure, that it caught on perfectly. Sonic grimased, though, when his nose got straight hit by the strong smell of ocean and musk.
"Geez, who would smell like this," he slightly coughed, which was a sign for Amy to stop spraying as she cupped the vial again and smirked.
"You~" she teased him, earning a low growl from the male.
"Hope this is gonna be worth it," Sonic crossed his arms while sneering at her.
"Don't worry, now let's just enjoy this event, shall we?" Amy tried to comfort him and help him think of something else, secretly, she herself disliked the smell, but if it's going to keep Sticks at bay, then it's the best thing they could use at the moment.

And as if on cue, the badger ran towards them with a happy smile on her face.
"Amy, you're so going to win this legendary puppy! I am rooting for you!" she exclaimed in joyful manner before pausing and sniffing the air due to her sensitive nose catching up the new scent.
"Yeah, I really hope I will," Amy sighed, now thinking about the deal she has with Eggman. She did not realize, that only one player can obtain the figure and get an addition to their collection.
".....I repeat, all participants, please, gather around the tables! You'll be playing in pairs and each winner shall receive ten points before moving onto the rest of the tasks!" the snow leopard announced loud enough for even the three mobians to hear him. Amy perked up and her quills shortly bristled in nervousness and excitement.
"I gotta go now!" she quickly trotted through the crowd towards the tables and stood respectively in a discreet zone, for all the tables were occupied by pairs of the participants already, while many others waited in the zone for their turn.