☆Ch30

Once Shadow was fully outside, he used the quick teleportation to appear in the center of Eggman's lab while victoriously wielding the chaos emerald. Orbot and Cubot were currently inactive in a standby mode in the corner of the lab while Eggman seemed to fall asleep at the table. Shadow looked around carefully and noticing some file open in the computer he quickly connected the dots. The doctor seemed to be working on something and in the process fell asleep, perhaps even without realization. The hybrid glanced down at the dimly glowing ruby red emerald in his hand before hiding it deep within his quills and stretching his limbs a bit he approached the blue hedgehog in the capsule.
"Sonic.... soon enough, I will be able to revive you. Hang in there for me, okay?" he quietly whispered to him through the glass lid while placing one hand on it, closing his eyes for a moment he took in a deep breath and released a soft sigh before removing his hand from the glass and reopening his eyes to glance at the sleeping hedgehog behind it. The blue hedgehog's chest was slowly rising up and descending in regular pace, which indicated, that Sonic was indeed stabilized. Yet, too weak to regain his consciousness. Dropping his ears, Shadow lowered his posture and turning around he walked out of the lab, as he headed to his room. Laying in the bed afterwards he covered himself with the blanket and yawning tiredly he closed his eyes while silently praying for Sonic to be alright. Thanks to thinking about Sonic while falling asleep he got to have a dream with him involved.

"....don't you agree?" Sonic asked him, tilting his head he smiled warmly at him and held his hand out for him. Shadow accepted the hand and took it with a smile forming on his own face, yet furrowed his brows and chuckled nervously while rubbing his neck with his other hand.
"I am sorry, Sonic, but could you repeat what you said?" he asked him carefully, which made Sonic smirk a little as the blue hedgehog cupped Shadow's cheek with his free hand and rubbed it with his thumb so caringly, as if Shadow was a fragile, beautiful diamond.
"Aww, you thinking of something in particular?~" he asked the hybrid in teasing tone, making the lifeform blush and avert his gaze.
"N-No, I just.. wasn't paying full attention," Shadow replied in barely audible murmur, but Sonic could still hear him clearly thanks to the close proximity he stood in.
"Hmmm, let's see how well you can keep your attention on me, if I do this~" Sonic replied mischievously and Shadow then felt their lips connecting in deep, passionate kiss, which made him grow weak in his knees and closing his eyes he fully melted to the kissing session as he held onto Sonic with his free hand and responded by returning the sweetness. Their chests got pressed together and Shadow could feel their hearts racing in sync, which made him feel so connected to the other, he wished this moment to never end. Sonic slowly moved his hand from Shadow's cheek to his shoulder and later even bravely placed the hand on Shadow's side, where he gently traced shapes to the soft black fur, which he loved to see and touch so much. He felt honored to be the trusted one, whom Shadow lets get this close to him and do such things with him. He could hear a purring noise finally coming out of the lifeform, which satisfied him enough to slightly smile to the kiss. However, he soon had to break it in order to catch his breath and used that moment to stare into the other's crimson irises, which reminded him of a rich and healthy ruby rose. Yeah, if Shadow was a flower, he would be probably such rose, with a dark, mysterious hue, yet so alluring and fascinating. Shadow stared back to the other's emerald irises, which reminded him of the cleanest chaos emerald he could ever see around. Perhaps Sonic was his precious, personal chaos emerald. Such thought made him feel even more determined to take care of him and make sure, that he is safe and happy. A smile grew on Shadow's muzzle as the lifeform blinked twice before his eyes landed on the soft peach lips of his partner. Huh, they were already dating, officially. He did not even remember, when exactly they made it official, but that did not matter at all. He fully focused on these lips and parting slightly his own he closed the distance between them-

"...DOW! Shadow! Shadow, wake up!" Eggman's voice harshly interrupted such sweet dream of the hybrid, who instantly opened his eyes wide and loudly gasped while quickly sitting up and bristling his quills he glared at the man, who dared to awaken him in the middle of such nice dream. The dream was so realistic, that for a moment Shadow even hoped to see Sonic next to him. Much to his dispair, the realization about Sonic being still unconscious in the capsule kicked him hard and made his heart slightly bleed again.
"What is it!" he hissed grumpily at the man and checking the time in his communicator - which he never took off due to passing out so easily - he growled, since it was only around 4am.
"Sorry, Shadow, but we got some kind of intruder in the base. I need you to help me locate them!" Eggman explained hastily while harshly gesticulating with his hands, which irritated the hedgehog to no end.
"Urgh, fine! But once it's done, let me damn sleep!" Shadow hissed and growled at him again before getting up and not caring about his messy, bristled quills he headed out of the room with Eggman following right behind, unfazed by Shadow's edgy demeanor. Due to all the previous months of Shadow treating him like this he was pretty much used to it already and even sort of expected it from him.