Chapter 24 - Comforted

The first few days before the ball were so much fun, so many fun games and activities Marcy, Josie and the gang did together! Joe Sparrow, Quackshire and Spike had the time of their lives as well as the awesome pets they were too!

But on the night before the ball, Josie woke up from her unsettling dreams while holding Jessica hard and shivering intensely, like her entire body was an giant, neverending earthquake creating a tsunami of terror and sadness. In her dreams she saw so many horrors.

She saw a vision of Sasha and Anne getting into a fight trying to kill each other on the top of a dark and creepy castle, brutally ripping eachother apart with their friends looking on in horror while Marcy and Josie tried to intervern and Jessica and the gang tried to grab them but they all fell into a river of blood unable to save their friends, clawing for land and gasping for breath as they fell deeper into the river and then everything turned black. Anne and Sasha looked on in horror and screamed "WHAT HAVE WE DONE?"

It was so awful! Josie shivered and shaked remembering the horrid nightmare, but the worst part of it is that this wasn't the first time she's had this awful nightmare, she's had this many times before, but the first few times she just shrugged it off as just a nightmare coming from her missing her friends. But now THIS many times? Just something wasn't right. Something was really off and very very weird. Was her mind or intuiation trying to tell her something or was she just worried sick? She had no idea what to do.

She tried going back to sleep, closing her eyes and thinking of good thoughts in her head but as she dozed off again the same vision would repeat over and over again as Sasha and Anne in her dream now would shout "Come back we need you we need you don't be afraid" with a slight purr to their voices.

She could next hear a mewing noise and a feminine voice that purred as she spoke "They need you", these same words would repeat over and over again until she was forced to awaken again, feeling groggy and weirded out but she had no choice but to stay awake.

"Josie sweetie, are you okay, you were shaking so much?" Jessica whispered to a half awake Josie who held her really tightely, comforted by her warm and soothing prescence, like being hugged and kissed by the sweetest angel you could find.

"Darling, I'm fine, it was just a dream I had" Josie whispered to her back as a reply to her question, she stroked Jessica's hair to comfort her and to make her feel better. Josie gave Jessica a huge hug to reassure her she was fine and okay, but Jessica wasn't completely sure she was telling her the truth and she felt a bit nervous in her tummy and uncertain.

"Please tell me the truth, Josie-posie. You were shaking and crying in your sleep and growling words about your friends in trouble and how scared you were. That wasn't a dream sweetheart, that was a nightmare darling. You know I'd never judge you Josie." Jessica asked Josie, wanting to know what really happened.

"Jessikins, you and everyone died in the dream. It was so awful! Me and Marcy's friends Sasha and Anne were fighting again and we all drowned in a river of blood, again this dream! I have this dream non stop and its always so creepy? Why does this keep happening? Why me!?" Josie cried to Jessica as Jessica soothed her by stroking her hair and they both wrapped their tails together.

"Oh sweetheart, that isn't your fault. Its not your fault, everyone has nightmares baby" Jessica cooed as she kissed Jessica on the cheek, causing Josie to blush and her face turn bright red and turn warm with her heart feeling joy.

"Yes, but these nightmares are just the same one over and over again with this cat telling me they need me!" Josie told her full of fright and worry.

"Well, maybe Katrina's spell book can help with a spell to soothe painful nightmares and get some better sleep. She's a genius when it comes to magic! Maybe even my magic could help....but Katrina is much better at magic than I am so yeah....Didn't Mother Olm tell you you had a beautiful gift for magic and clairvoyant visions and stuff, maybe its Mother Olm trying to warn you or something, this ain't your fault." Jessica reassured Josie.

"Sweetheart don't say your magic is bad! Darling your magic is amazing! You're so talented and gifted don't ever put yourself down like that! You're so cool and awesome! Okay? And Yeah Mother Olm DID tell me that, but these powers sometimes feel like a curse" Josie complained.

Jessica sighed and said "Thanks Josie, but your powers are so cool, why would it be a curse darling?"

"Because I get weird visions when I'm asleep and sometimes when I'm awake too! It haunts me and its super scary! To have THIS sorta dream before the ball night OMG! Atleast I don't need to figure out who my date is because I have you but still!" Josie replied to Jessica who was sympathetic but chuckled at the last part.

Jessica smiled "NO kidding, we even have each others names on each others arms! HA! We would never need anyone else! But these visions even if they're painful,sweetheart it's nessesary to know the truth, or else how would you know to help people if you don't know they're in pain? or the save the day? I'll help you if it gets too much darling" she reassured her that everything was gonna be fine.

"I know you will, I love you too sweetheart" Josie purred as she gave Jessica a big kiss on the cheek and nuzzled her while purring. She knew that everything would be okay.