Eight

Doja Cat - You Right
🎭

Felix asked himself several questions after noticing the detail of the letters on the mask. "The letters appear to be handwritten. Could they be the initials of a fashion designer, or simply someone wanting to assert that the mask belongs to them? In any case, if they're the owner's initials, it didn't work," thought the young man. This clue had led Felix to believe that he was getting closer to his goal. After much reflection, he agreed that the inscriptions were indeed someone's initials. After that, Felix began to think seriously about how he could quickly return the mask. To start with, he tried searching for the same letters on social networks, as Instagram handles or hashtags, without success.

On Monday, Felix attended all his usual classes. The only difference was that he wasn't going to see Chae this afternoon. It had been a while since she'd been absent and Felix had noticed it and hoped it would last, but it didn't. The young woman had warned him over the weekend. The young woman had warned him over the weekend. For the moment, the blond didn't know when she'd be back and hoped they'd see each other again soon. Felix missed Chae. The young man was afraid that if he stayed away too long, his girlfriend wouldn't come back. The blond was easily distressed. In this situation, and especially with these kinds of thoughts, he didn't know how to act. He thought of getting away from her to avoid being hurt if "the worst" happened, but every time the lovers met again, it was simply impossible for Felix. His feelings took over every time. During these periods of absence, the two kept in touch via their cell phones.

So he had the afternoon off. This allowed him to work entirely on the future interview he would be conducting. The interview would take place at the end of the week, during lunchtime. The young man settled down in the library. He carried out more advanced research on the questions he might ask. In the SO mail, with the dates of each interview, there was a copy of the questions journalists could ask. But from the student's point of view, this concerned all departments. Felix, on the other hand, wanted to personalize the questionnaire to suit his work. So he asked about the art department, looking for related documents in the library and books on art.

During the course of this work, the student surprised himself by becoming enormously interested in the subject. Art" was much broader than he had thought. He learned what students in the department were studying. This branch and his own had a strong link, yet the subjects studied were very different. Simple interviews on the subject had proved that to him. He even distracted himself with a book that talked more about the art of cinema than anything else. He knew that his specialty was part of the artistic milieu. Indeed, for an audiovisual student, he was proud of the fact that cinema was the seventh art. Felix had noticed this, but excused himself, "it was in the art section anyway".

Seeing that it was getting late, the blond put his things away. He had made a lot of progress on the project and was satisfied with his research. This afternoon had enabled him to learn a lot about a subject he didn't think he knew so much about, when in fact he did. He had also planned to respond to his roommate's proposal on the social networking post. The only point the young man didn't clarify was the solution for this mask.

That evening, Felix replied to Seungmin:

"I decline your proposal. began the blond man. Let me tell you my arguments," he continued quickly, seeing his roommate open his mouth. I'd like to find the owner on my own. Besides, I know you're busy at the moment and I don't want to bother you any more than that.

The dark-haired man smiled at his friend's statement.

- Okay, don't worry, I'm not going to protest. The only thing I'm saying is that if you start to despair over this mask, we choose my option or you just give up. And I'll always be there to help you just in case, even if you don't want me to."

Felix nodded and blushed at Seungmin's answer. He'd guessed why the brunet had given him this sort of warning. The blond was well aware that he became unbearable when he didn't achieve his goals, and in all kinds of areas. This was proof of his great determination to keep moving forward. But Seungmin had "decided" that if this story went that far, he'd stop it. Felix understood his friend.

Seungmin made this decision for his friend for several reasons. Firstly, after finding the mask, Felix told his roommate that he didn't want to spend all his time on it. On the other hand, Seungmin noticed that for the moment his friend was moderate about the whole affair. What he'd just told him was a simple warning.

Felix had told him on the weekend of the party that, if he didn't find the owner soon, he was going to give up. Seungmin knew that wasn't true. And what his friend had just told him made him press that thought.