Twelve

Chase Atlantic - Swim
🎭

Following the interview, Felix began to clean up all the information he'd gathered. During the interview, he and Beomgyu had dwelt on the more specific subjects that were not going to be in the answers. That's why Felix had to hurry off. The blond quickly became interested in the subject, and the chestnut loved to spread his knowledge. The conversation between the two was very interesting.

So it was the weekend. Felix had the apartment to himself for the two days. Seungmin was still taking advantage of his break from work to visit his family. Usually the apartment was rather quiet, except when the two friends were interacting, but this time it was totally empty. As he worked, Felix thought back to the painting he'd seen the day before. "That mask is a real mystery. To the point of being on a painting but still not having found its owner". He really had a lot of questions about it. He thought about returning to the room as soon as he could to unravel the mystery. But he quickly decided to refocus: "Now's not the time to think about that. Besides, next weekend he wouldn't really have a chance to work on it, as he'd be devoting an entire day to a meeting with Chae. And the other day would surely be used to work on the projects given to him during the week.

The very next week, Felix tried to return to the interview room. He didn't want to drag things out. On Monday, he attended class as usual until the end of the day. He could only afford to visit the room after class. The art department was quite far from his classrooms, so he didn't have time to go there during the day. He didn't want to forget this task. It would be quick, he just had to do it.

He thought about it so much that, during lunch, Taehyun asked him several times if everything was all right. To his friends, Felix seemed lost in thought all morning. The blond answered "yes" each time with a friendly smile.

After his last class of the day, he headed for the department. He had plenty of time. He wasn't going to see Chae today. The young woman hadn't returned yet. That wasn't what was worrying the blond for the moment. The two young people had arranged to meet this weekend. When he got to the front of the room, Felix wanted to go straight in, but he heard noises in the room. The student had totally forgotten that this room was used for classes, unlike the club rooms. Finally, he left. Like every Monday, he finished his classes early and didn't want to wait hours to be able to observe the painting again.

The next day was no different. Nevertheless, the young man tried his luck again, but the previous day's scenario replayed itself.

Wednesday he'd be finishing later, he thought he might be lucky enough to be able to head for the room and hope that classes would be over by then. Luckily, as he entered the room that day, no classes were taking place. He had asked permission to visit the place in connection with the SO project. The actual purpose was quite far removed from it, but his request had been granted.

He entered the room, adding a victorious "at last". But his smile quickly disappeared when he saw that the canvas was no longer in its place. No, in fact, after a quick search, the painting was no longer in the room. The blond almost collapsed to the floor. He had finally reached his goal, but a new problem had confronted him. Saddened, he left the room, a loser, just the opposite of when he'd entered. But he didn't lose motivation! It wasn't out of his reach. The painting couldn't have disappeared. As Beomgyu had pointed out, it was the result of a classroom lesson. What's more, Felix knew that in the art department, work literally took months to turn in, and in the meantime it surely had to be stored on the premises.

In the days that followed, he contacted the chestnut again to find out more about where the works were stored. The two students got on well and kept in touch. He told him that most of the works were in the "archive room" of the art department. Felix must have guessed. His department had the same thing. He just thought that the configuration of the room must be different.

Unfortunately, this week all the odds were against him. But he knew where the painting should be and concluded that he'd go and get it the following week.