Eighteen

Chase Atlantic - Consume
🎭

Later that week, at one of their dinners, Seungmin asked about Chae. Indeed, the blond and his girlfriend were supposed to be going on a date, so the elder informed the younger:

"It went well. At least this time we were honest about what we were thinking. She promised to tell me why she was on the moon so much last time, just that it would take her a while so I still don't know what it's all about.

- Poor thing, I hope she's all right.

- I really do too. But at least this time she was more alive. It was actually quite pleasant. I think I was right to tell her I cared about her last time. I think it helped her. And at least she looked more rested today," said Felix with a smile.

The blond had accepted Chae's proposal. He was understanding and very much in love. All he wanted was for her to be well. Yet he was naturally as worried as ever.

- Listen buddy, you know Chae, you can trust him, everything will be fine," Seungmin tried to reassure him. And like you said, Monday went well, that's the important thing to remember!"

The week resumed as normal. Well, not quite. At the weekend, Seungmin proposed a new plan to Felix:

"Felix, my man! he began playfully.

- What's the matter? replied the man concerned, wary.

- I'll make it simple: Yeonjun, the guy who gave us a ride to the masked ball. That person, you see, organized a party.

Felix was about to retaliate, but Seungmin didn't give him the chance.

- It's going to be totally different from last time. First, it'll be at his place, in a smaller group. No theme. As for me, I'll be there to help them prepare, just like last time. Basically, it'll be really chill. What do you think? he says apprehensively, waiting for his friend's answer.

- You know, earlier you didn't have to cut me off. I was already planning to accept.

- Seriously?!

The blond nodded.

- That's great! said a satisfied Seungmin. And why this sudden acceptance when the last time it was almost unhoped-for?

- I really don't know. In fact, I really made up my mind when you said it would be a smaller affair. Big parties like last time still aren't my thing, even though I enjoyed them. And like you said, I could clear my head a bit.

- Yes, you're absolutely right!

- On the other hand, I have the impression that there are more and more parties," says Felix, changing the subject.

- Well, the good weather's coming, so it makes sense. Remember last year, it was the same thing. So now that you've accepted, do you want to do what you did last time? In the sense that Yeonjun will pick you up at the time of the party, or you'll come at the same time as me.

- No, I think going back to last time's plan is fine.

- Okay. By the way, the party's next weekend.

- What?!"

And the brunet left his friend with this announcement.

With the mask event, he was under the impression that the masked ball had taken place a week ago, when in fact the party had been over for more than a month. He knew it. The whole thing was going to his head. Add in the Chae thing and the SO project. The evening would provide a break. It would allow him to rest his mind a little from the difficulties of the moment.

While thinking about the mask, he thought again about his encounter with this "Jinnie". After a while, Felix realized that this boy was the one who had chosen Beomgyu to replace him, and therefore the "Hwang". In conclusion, he had met the person he should originally have met for the interview.

He didn't understand why the tall man hadn't given him his identity. Indeed, he must have understood who Felix was when the blond had told him that he was the one doing the interviews for his department.

When he thought about it again, Felix realized that his self-image had changed between his meeting with Beomgyu and with the person in question. When Beomgyu had described Jinnie to him, Felix had imagined a very mature, responsible and serious person. Finally, the tall man also had a teasing side. Immediately after their meeting, the blond could think of nothing but the tall man's faults, so much so that he'd teased him. On the other hand, he couldn't afford to despise him. Firstly, because he'd helped him a lot with the painting, and secondly, because he'd only met him once, so maybe he wasn't quite as he'd shown himself to be. Although it might surprise Felix that Jinnie would change his behavior, as he seemed very natural during this interview.

What's more, when he spoke, his emotions were expressed a lot. This made the conversation more interesting for Felix. Without realizing it, he had been watching her every reaction. His acting was astounding. However, during their dialogue, Jinnie had questioned the blond about the sincerity of his words. Especially in relation to web research and his justified access to the archive room. Eventually, he thought, the tall man might have been connected to the painting or some such story. Once again, Felix wondered why Jinnie hadn't told him.