Fifteen

Sickick - Mind Games
🎭

On Tuesday, Felix finally went to the archive room. He headed there after class. As he made his way through the university to the art building, he noticed that, on this day too, the weather was very pleasant, with clear skies. The late afternoon sunset added pink-orange touches to the sky. This time the blond didn't have to wait, as it didn't concern a classroom. The archive room could in fact be accessed almost all the time with permission. As he arrived in front of the room he noticed that it was open. "Someone must already be in there," he thought. Unconcerned, he entered the room. In a corner, he saw someone tidying up some work.

The first thing that surprised Felix was the size of the room. The room had large windows like the one he'd been in during the interview. At that time, they were open. During the day, they're closed to avoid letting light in and damaging the works. So they open in the evening to air out the space. This was what Beomgyu had explained to him. The furniture was arranged in such a way as to store as much work as possible. Everything was very organized.

The blond slipped into the room, ignoring the other man. He tried to find the work, but it was rather complicated for him. He couldn't understand how the creations were organized.

The man present approached Felix while he was looking. He was watching the blond. Felix could feel that insistent gaze on him. He avoided it. After a moment, the man offered to help the student, having seen him in trouble for some time now.

The tall man began:

"- I've been watching you for a while and I think you need help.

- Yes, please, I'll take yours," said Felix shyly.

Felix had given up searching on his own, thinking that if he refused in front of the big man, the other man would see that he might not make it after all. Besides, the man would have to stay in the room for a while, to put away the pile of compositions, and the blond wouldn't risk being left alone for a while.

- What are you looking for? continued the tall man

- A painting.

- Please be more precise," replied the tall man with an embarrassed smile.

- I don't know too much about it. I saw it on Friday, two weeks ago, in room 364a of the art building. I think there was a Venetian-style mask on it. In shades of blue. And that's it, I think.

- Don't worry, I think I've got just what you need! The stranger headed for the other end of the room. Felix followed him. When he stopped, the tall man handed him the painting he was looking for. The blond was surprised that, with the help of this stranger, he could find it so quickly.

- That's exactly right! he said, his eyes shining. The blond took it in his hand and looked at it. He hadn't been mistaken. There was indeed a mask on this canvas, and what's more, it bore a striking resemblance to the object he'd found.

- Ah, that's cool! I found it quickly, just for you.

Felix remained unmoved by this flattery, too focused on the canvas in his hand. So, without paying any attention to the tall man's response, he continued:

- Do you have any information on this work?

- Yes, it was done recently. In fact, I think it was done the day before you saw it in the room, I think. In any case, it was on that Friday that I put it away, and in general, paintings are left to dry and then stored without being unintentionally altered.

- Ok, ok... And do you know the subject of the painting? Said Felix much less shyly. The blond wanted to ask as many questions as possible to find out more about the painting. Any kind of information could be useful.

- Yes. It seems to me that the theme was to paint a mask like this one. You're going to think it's not original and complicated, but it was necessary to add a decor to enhance the object and set a particular mood for the painting.

- And how do you know so much about this work? You would have participated...

- Let me stop you right there. I wasn't involved. Everything I've just told you comes from my intuition. Afterwards, in my opinion, it's quite logical given the circumstances and the other works I've recovered."

Felix nodded. It's true that the mask was well highlighted in the work. The dark blue background recalls the color of the accessory, but gives the canvas a dark aspect. The canvas is illuminated by a simple chandelier and the gilding of the mask. In fact, the blond hadn't given much thought to the painting's overall appearance, and when he finally did, he noticed that it was very beautiful. What's more, the student felt that the instructions given by the stranger had been well respected. The sunset entering the room made everything even more fascinating. The sky was changing the colors on the painting and it was pleasant to watch. The blond seemed hypnotized.