Nineteen

Billie Eilish - Lovely
🎭

The Student Council project was still going on. In fact, it was nearing completion. Hyunjin had finally met the real club in charge of choosing the works to illustrate the page and taking their photographs. This once again validated the identity of the usurper. As the club members went about their work, Hyunjin looked on with his hands on his hips and a big, wry smile. One of the members asked, "Why are you smiling like that?". Realizing his facial expression, he changed to say that everything was fine, but continued to think about the idea, satisfied.

Felix, for his part, had almost finished, if that wasn't to say he was a perfectionist. He was going to hand the work in later in the day. At least the job would be finished and he'd be able to tick a little box in his head.

Over the weekend, he put together the clues he had about the mask. He had the photo with a few physical details. He still remembered that its possessor was tall, but this was the scant information on the subject. The details of the letters ''H.H'' he'd found on the object and the canvas were also part of the clue. He had made the connection between the two because the signature was exactly the same. He realized that the elements weren't flowing. He felt so close and so far from the goal at the same time. Seungmin had reminded him of their agreement. Indeed, the blond had owned the mask for some time now. He had seen his friend's prevention coming.

"Hi!". Felix was surprised by this surprise encounter. On the way to his next class, Jinnie had come over to say hello. He was even more surprised by this move on the part of the tall man. They'd only seen each other once, and the fake blond had come up to him to talk:

"- Hi," said Felix hesitantly.

- How's it going? replied the tall, cheerful.

- How are you? he asked politely.

- I'm fine! Thanks for asking. But I didn't think you were.

- You didn't?

- Yes, I think you had a heart attack when you saw me.

- Well, you surprised me! says Felix, opening up to Jinnie.

- Where were you going?

- I was on my way to English class and you?

- Well, you see, I'm having a break, so I happened to be passing by and I bumped into you.

- Do you have to come and see me then?

- Why wouldn't I?

- Okk... Do you know people in this department?

- Yes, people in a hurry. Honestly, it's rare that I pass through here. As you've noticed, our two campuses are far apart and I don't have time to stop by.

- So why are you here today?

- Oh, I think you have class here, don't you? Hi Darling. Jinnie said before leaving Felix in front of his room.

The tall man had called him by the ridiculous nickname he'd given the blond when they'd first met. What's more, this was the second time in a short space of time that the blond had been abandoned. Or rather, that his questions had been put to the wind. Seungmin, this weekend, after the brunet had told him the date of the party. He'd run off after announcing the most important thing. Felix didn't blame him. From his point of view, this party was pressure-free and would serve to decompress. Decompressing was what the blond needed and he thought about it every day. He was stressed about their afternoon outing with Chae. Indeed, he'd seen his girlfriend again two days after their disastrous date, but what about a week later?

For his part, Hyunjin had deliberately bumped into the blond. It wasn't such a hazardous conversation. To carry out his plan, he needed to get closer to Felix. On the other hand, after their first meeting, Hyunjin found Felix a singular character. This personality interested him. He would continue to have these encounters with the young man. Honestly, Hyunjin had made a mistake when he said he didn't often pass by the blond man's department. He thought about it, and rather than feel sorry for himself, he thought it might help the boy to guess his identity.

The afternoon arrived and Felix left his classes to finally join the young woman. The young man was waiting for her at their meeting place as usual. She didn't arrive. At first, Felix didn't particularly care, thinking that Chae had missed his bus. But minutes passed, then an hour. The blond man was still waiting quietly. After a while, he decided to contact the young woman. He had to wait again. Felix didn't want to point it out, but his anxiety was growing. He heard the sound of his phone vibrating in his pocket. He ran to the notification. It was just an advertisement. Disappointed, he began to redirect his mobile towards the pocket when it made a second vibration. He looked at the screen again. This time it was a message from Chae. The blond quickly opened the notification. His girlfriend's reply was a simple "Sorry, I can't today".

Félix was disappointed. Sad and disappointed. He didn't want to feel this way, but the blond was getting tired of their relationship. He knew it wasn't her fault. He had inestimable confidence in her. But he was thinking more and more about their agreement. He suspected that sooner or later the young woman would leave him for good. But in the meantime he stayed with her, put up with her, tried to help her, did what he could to make her feel good. But he was getting tired of these simple meetings. He wished the girl would come up to him one day and tell him everything was all right with a big smile, that beautiful smile he loved so much but didn't see that often anymore, that this business of going away for an unknown length of time would come to an end and they'd have a normal relationship like anyone else their age. The blond had been hoping for too long.

He left for home, tears flowing down his cheeks. Felix had broken down, he couldn't take it anymore. Surprisingly, it was the first time this had ever happened to him. He allowed himself to do it because he was alone on the street. But he also felt alone. Lonelier than ever. He knew Seungmin was there, but he couldn't help him. He was and always would be outside this affair. The dark-haired man couldn't share Felix's feelings, couldn't really understand them. Still, the blond was grateful for the hours the two had spent talking, so that Seungmin could try to comfort his friend. The thought consoled the young man. At the start of their relationship, Felix had been very worried. As time went by, he got used to it and didn't worry so much. What's more, during certain periods, the young woman was always present. The two of them were living their love perfectly and healthily at the time.

Arriving home, Seungmin greeted him. Seeing his friend's red, swollen eyes, the dark-haired man waved his hand to invite him in, saying "Pizza and Stranger Things?". Felix nodded. It's pretty trivial, but this show made him think that his life didn't suck compared to the characters in the show. The two of them enjoyed watching it together.

In the evening, he suddenly thought about the upcoming party. It had been decided that Felix would attend and decompress, decompress.