Seventeen

Rihanna - Where Have You Been
🎭

"I knew it was him! I knew it was him! Well, now I know for sure, and that's much more satisfying!" thought Hyunjinas he left the archive room.

The young man was indeed the owner of the mask, and he'd just found the person who actually owned it. Ever since that party he had attended a month ago, the art student had been searching for his lost object.

It was his friend Chan who had invited him to the party. Hyunjin had quickly accepted. The tall man was drunk during the evening. In a moment of distraction at the end of the evening, he removed the accessory. Dancing and moving around, combined with the heat of the room, had made Hyunjin sweat. He decided to take it off to air his face and put it down. Then he set off again, completely forgetting about the accessory. He didn't realize it until the next day. At first he wasn't alarmed, but he thought the idea of retrieving the object was a good one too.

From the start, he'd had leads. Chan had been a great help. The older man had told the older one that there was a rumor about someone looking for the owner of a mask. This had spread among a small circle of friends, which was why Felix didn't know he'd been spotted. Chan was one of the party's big organizers, so it was only in this circle that the story had circulated. Chan had shared the rumor with his friend because he knew that his friend had lost his accessory. Since learning this, Hyunjin had been trying to track him down or find information about him and subtly validate the rumor. But he couldn't. The blond didn't share much about himself and looking for him in the establishment would have been too complicated.

When he heard about the SO project, it was like a rebirth. At last, maybe he was going to meet the man who had his object, in a meeting that would concern only the two of them. He had pulled out all the stops to ensure that he would recognize him directly during the interview.

He suspected that it was this student, ''Lee Felix'', who held his accessory. When he met him in the archive room, the tall one had purposely left the note with his nickname for the blond. He thought that at least the shorter one would remember him more easily with a name that matched without actually revealing his identity. He suspected that the younger boy had seen the initials on the mask.

What's more, the taller man knew that Felix was going to be his interrogator for the SO project. In conclusion, his surname had already been given. Hyunjin had noticed that Felix was very concerned by this research. And he didn't want to make the investigation too easy by giving him his name at their first meeting. Honestly, Hyunjin would have liked to have met Felix as soon as they'd met for the story. Unfortunately, not long before, he'd been given a new assignment for the day. The big guy literally had the heebie-jeebies. That's when he chose Beomgyu to replace him. For the fake blond, it was a no-brainer to choose his younger brother. He knew he was well-informed and that the younger man wanted to take part in the interview. What's more, the taller man had purposely left his canvas in the room to check his interviewer's reaction. He would have had validation at that moment that Felix was indeed the one with his mask. But he was busy and hadn't thought to remove the work from the room. Beomgyu hadn't been informed of the case, and Hyunjin didn't want to bother him with it.

So when he saw the blond enter the archive room today, his hopes were rekindled. It had been two weeks since the report. He had thought that if the blond hadn't shown up, it meant Hyunjin had made a mistake. When Felix entered the room, the tall man watched him, not wanting to make any suggestions too soon. Seeing him in trouble, he asked for his help. When the blond accepted, Hyunjin took the chance to talk to him and confirm once and for all that the younger man had his accessory. First, he asked him if his real mission concerned the SO project. He wanted to try and destabilize him, so that he would show his true intentions. Felix replied that he had to choose a work to illustrate the interview. But Hyunjin had been told that the photography club was in charge of this task. He had started asking him these questions after the blond had shown interest in his painting. When the blond talked, too much information was wrong, and Hyunjin happily concluded that he'd finally found his target. Following this encounter, the tall man chose to get closer to the blond. He wanted Felix to see for himself that Hyunjin, the strange person he'd met in the archive room, was the one he'd been looking for all along.

During their conversation, Felix had asked whether Hyunjin had been involved in the canvas work. At that point, the elder had been forced to lie. He didn't want the blond to link him directly to that moment, to that painting.

__
Hbd my lovely skz ❣️🌟🫶🏻