Thirteen

Conan Gray - Astronomy
🎭

On Saturday, Felix was waiting for Chae at the bus stop. The two, having spent the day together, had decided to move to a larger city. Chae had finally returned from her stay with her family. Felix wanted to know what had happened. It had been a while since this had happened. But the blond didn't want to dampen the mood right from the start. Felix was delighted to be reunited with his beloved. His absence had made him long for the young woman. The first exchanges between the two lovers were a little awkward, but eventually everything mellowed when they started talking about the day ahead. Both very focused on what they were going to do during their time in transport.

Arriving in the city, the two young people made their way to the first venue of the day: the bookshop. It was simple and commonplace, but Felix didn't often go there. So he took the opportunity to buy some books. What's more, this store was more specialized than the small shops in town. So his purchases included books for his personal reading and brochures on teaching and audiovisual courses. Chae seemed to be concentrating on something, but when Felix asked her about it, she decided not to take anything.

When they went out, the couple wandered around until they found a restaurant where they could have lunch. They sat down. Felix began their first serious conversation of the day:

"I'll tell you now or I'll forget... Just after you told me about my future class on futuristic films, well, it actually took place!

- Did it? When did I tell you about it?

- About 3 weeks - a month ago.

- Oh yes, that's possible, she says, a little embarrassed at having forgotten.

- Is everything going well with your classes?

- Yes, it's just the usual engineering science student stuff.

- Well, I'm doing fine! The class on futuristic films was a while ago now, but it was so interesting I remember everything.

- Cool.

- How are you doing? asked the worried blond.

- Yes... yes! Don't worry," she said with a grin.

Seeing that she wasn't very talkative, he abandoned the conversation and just enjoyed the moment they were sharing. The problem was, even though his lover was telling him not to worry, Felix was very concerned, but not wanting to get too intimate, he didn't continue. As a result, the young woman didn't eat much at dinner either. Felix was more worried than he realized.

When their meal was over, the lovers headed for the next part of their program. During a short period in town, certain events were taking place. These were ephemeral things. On the day they were in town, a number of small museums had sprung up. "I'll tell you now or I'll forget... Just after you told me about my future class on futuristic films, well, it actually took place!

- Did it? When did I tell you about it?

- About 3 weeks - a month ago.

- Oh yes, that's possible, she says, a little embarrassed at having forgotten.

- Is everything going well with your classes?

- Yes, it's just the usual engineering science student stuff.

- Well, I'm doing fine! The class on futuristic films was a while ago now, but it was so interesting I remember everything.

- Cool.

- How are you doing? asked the worried blond.

- Yes... yes! Don't worry," she said with a grin.

Seeing that she wasn't very talkative, he abandoned the conversation and just enjoyed the moment they were sharing. The problem was, even though his lover was telling him not to worry, Felix was very concerned, but not wanting to get too intimate, he didn't continue. As a result, the young woman didn't eat much at dinner either. Felix was more worried than he realized.

When their meal was over, the lovers headed for the next part of their program. During a short period in town, certain events were taking place. These were ephemeral things. On the day they were in town, a number of small museums had sprung up. Felix had spotted this a few days earlier and suggested it to his girlfriend, who happily accepted. The experience was very interesting. The many small galleries were quick to visit, and you didn't have to do them all. The ones the couple visited were those on the subject of cinema. Felix studied this subject on a daily basis and Chae also loved it. This was what quickly brought them together in their conversations.

Then they moved on to the library. This had been the basic idea of their date, but since then it had drifted a little.

To end their day, the two headed for a cat bar. It was quite an innovative concept and neither of the couple had tried it before. They ordered. A chocolate chip muffin and smoothie for Felix and an Americano for Chae. They had a second conversation:

"Do you want to schedule my next class?

Not getting an answer, the young man asked again

- Would you like that, or I mean, I'd like you to plan my next class. It would be funny if you were right again. What a coincidence that would be!

Chae finally replied:

- Well, I don't know, I'm not really inspired at the moment," she said, still smiling awkwardly.

- Okay, no worries," he replied, a little disappointed but trying to hide his disappointment so as not to dampen the mood even more.

Their order arrived. Seeing that Chae was barely touching his drink. Felix said to him:

- Well, I don't know, I'm not really inspired at the moment," she said, still smiling awkwardly.

- Okok, no worries," he replied, a little disappointed but trying to hide it so as not to dampen the mood even more.

Their order arrived. Seeing that Chae was barely touching his drink. Felix said to him:

"Listen honestly, I've noticed that you haven't eaten much today and you don't seem to be feeling very well. In fact, you're very pensive, perhaps too much so, to the point of disconnecting. You know I wouldn't blame you, but I'm worried about you all the same. We've known each other for a while and I don't want to force you to tell me what's right or wrong, you know that. But at least please eat. I got the muffin for you, by the way. I'm not that hungry. When the waiter brought it over I could see you were concentrating on it as if you'd come to your senses at that moment, and I did that on purpose, by the way! So here."

The blond man handed him the sweet. Chae thanked him and ate the pastry. The gesture pleased and comforted her enormously. She knew her boyfriend but didn't expect as much. On the other hand, she knew that Felix would care about her. Seeing him again straight after his return hadn't helped her get over her emotions. She had decided to sort out her worries on her own and find a solution, if one existed. She didn't want to worry him at all, but that had failed.

The couple then headed for the bus station to return home. During the journey, Chae was more active and seemed to have come to her senses a little more. This pleased the blond. The young woman promised to improve and make up for lost time on their next date, which as usual would take place on Monday afternoon.