Fourteen

Ashe - Moral of the Story
🎭

The next day, Felix had to concentrate on the job in hand. But it was difficult for the blond. His meeting with Chae the day before had made him procrastinate a lot.

The day before, despite the general bad mood, their date had ended rather well. But the young man was still worried. Since they'd parted, he couldn't stop thinking about it. The student had noticed that Chae was unfocused, and he thought he understood why, not wanting to disturb her any further. What's more, as their conversations progressed, Chae was becoming more and more absent and, in a way, less and less well. Another element had caught his attention. His girlfriend had said that she was taking her classes normally, but given her long stay in the South, it was almost impossible to keep up with everything while she was away. The young man knew all about it. Losing a few days of classes could cause him to lose track completely.

At the end of their date, the young woman had tried to comfort him, but Felix was seriously concerned about his girlfriend. He wanted to ask her a hundred times what had happened during his stay, thinking she was the center of his concerns, but it wasn't possible. As he'd told her, if she wanted to talk about it, she would, and after that she hadn't added anything. On the one hand, the student was angry with her, but he loved her too much for that and was trying to do his utmost to make her feel good and their relationship run smoothly, despite the occasional misunderstanding.

This event reminded the blond of the promise they'd made at the start of their relationship, that it wasn't official because of the young woman's random absences. Felix feared that it would all come to fruition. Seeing her leave would be very painful for the student.

Having noticed since the previous evening that his roommate wasn't feeling well, Seungmin took the liberty of going into his friend's room to check on him and try to help in any way he could. The blond accepted the brunet's presence in his room. Seungmin settled down on the bed next to Felix.

"Hey! How are you?

- I'm in great shape, I can tell," he said ironically.

- I thought you were in the dumps," replied the dark-haired man, pretending not to care about the blond.

Felix chuckled. His friend was always trying to add a touch of irony to what he was saying. It calmed the mood. It allowed Seungmin to broach certain subjects rather quickly.

- No, really. he said seriously, ready to listen to the blond. What's on your mind?

- You see, yesterday's date with Chae was a bit complicated.

The blond explained everything that had happened and his thoughts following it. He really trusted the brunet to share everything with him. Following a quick analysis on his part, Seungmin replied:

- I and you.... Rather, we know that I'm not the best at giving love advice.

- Yes, I know," said the blond with a sneer and a lot of examples in his head.

Indeed, if Felix had followed his friend's advice from the start, his relationships would have been even more catastrophic than they are now.

- But... But... I think you should worry less. After all, I think everyone would say that, so it's not very original. Besides, God knows how complicated it is to get those kinds of thoughts out of your head. Well, in my case it's not for relationships, but whatever. What's more, and this is a really good argument for my taste, tomorrow you'll see her again, won't you? So it'll be a good "fresh start". I don't know how you'd do it, because I don't want to dictate your actions, but in a relationship the key is conversation! And finally, even if, as I said, I'm not good at giving advice, a rare area in which I don't excel, you know very well that I'm here for you. And don't hesitate to come and talk to me, even if we've already talked enough together," finishes the dark-haired man with a big smile. Especially as you're seeing her again tomorrow, so it'll be a good time to talk about it maybe?"

Felix had listened to his friend's entire speech, and nodded in agreement to his last remark. Yesterday it was Chae who had to be comforted, today it was Felix.

After that, Seungmin changed the subject:

"My dear friend, do you have any updates on the accessory you've had in your possession for some time now?

Felix thought for a moment before realizing. He'd totally forgotten about the mask! Honestly, since Friday after class, there'd been no change, but the blond hadn't updated the brunet on the progress of his research:

- Yes, this week, with the excuse of working with the SO, I'll be going to the archive room in the art department. In fact, during my interview, which went extremely well by the way, I saw a painting with a similar mask, to the one I found, on it. But since Beomgyu, Hwang's replacement, and I got to talking about other things at the end, I didn't think to check more closely to see if it wasn't just a hallucination. Did you know that their rooms were just like the one in high school? Totally on the same level! It's been a long time since I've seen one! Anyway, since last week I've been trying to get into the room but I couldn't because there were classes on and when I finally got in, well guess what. It was gone! Afterwards, to keep things simple, I contacted Beomgyu and he told me there was a good chance it was in the department archives.

Yesterday it was Chae who had to be comforted, today it was Felix.

After that, Seungmin changed the subject:

"My dear friend, do you have any updates on the accessory you've had in your possession for some time now?

Felix thought for a moment before realizing. He'd totally forgotten about the mask! Honestly, since Friday after class, there'd been no change, but the blond hadn't updated the brunet on the progress of his research:

- Yes, this week, with the excuse of working with the SO, I'll be going to the archive room in the art department. In fact, during my interview, which went extremely well by the way, I saw a painting with a similar mask, to the one I found, on it. But since Beomgyu, Hwang's replacement, and I got to talking about other things at the end, I didn't think to check more closely to see if it wasn't just a hallucination. Did you know that their rooms were just like the one in high school? Totally on the same level! It's been a long time since I've seen one! Anyway, since last week I've been trying to get into the room but I couldn't because there were classes on and when I finally got in, well guess what. It was gone! Afterwards, to keep things simple, I contacted Beomgyu and he told me there was a good chance it was in the department archives.

- You didn't get to see the painting at the beginning of the week," said Seungmin, realizing that finishing a lot later than his roommate wasn't so bad.

- Is that all you've retained from what I've just said?!

- Don't worry, I've listened to everything," says the dark-haired man with a sincere smile, happy to see that this subject has put him back in shape."