Twenty-Three

Arctic Monkeys - 505
🎭

The blond ran and ran and ran. Luckily for him, the park named in Chae's message, where they had their regular rendezvous, wasn't far from home. As he arrived, he spotted his girlfriend waiting for him as planned. Felix approached slowly, smiling a little, happy to see her. But his smile faded when he noticed that the young woman wasn't smiling. She lowered her eyes as Felix stood in front of her. The blond had noticed that her eyes were red and she was trembling slightly. Felix waited for his girlfriend to speak. After a moment, she began:

"I'll explain, just give me a few moments to work it all out in my mind. What's more, I've just come back, because actually, for a start, last time I couldn't come because I wasn't there. I'm sorry for that and for what I'm going to tell you next.

Tears formed in the young woman's eyes. She was having trouble breathing and forming her next sentence.

- I'm going to make you wait until the end of my speech, but it's no longer possible between us. I'm terribly sorry.

After that, the young woman broke down and wept. Felix was shocked. For the moment he didn't let any of his emotions out, waiting for what the young woman was going to say. When she could, Chae continued:

- For a while now, my parents had been planning to move. To the South, where I used to stay when I was away. I tried to reason with them, but to no avail. Then I found a solution, and my parents agreed. It was to find me an apartment in the area and a job to pay for it. But my parents put a time limit on all this. And I couldn't find anything that would have suited me. I'm sorry. The limit was crossed a little while ago. In fact, when we went to town, it was the day before the end. I'm sorry again for giving you a crappy day. So I'll be moving out in the next few weeks and leaving my university. Our agreement at the beginning of the relationship had something to do with this, even though at the time I wasn't aware of my parents' plans.

Honestly, during my research I tried to find solutions. I did my best, but none of them were valid or feasible while remaining healthy. For example, I thought of keeping a long-distance relationship, but I know how that affects you negatively. I know you trust me and I'm grateful for that, but not seeing each other often will hurt us.

Every time I've come here, I've forced my parents to come, but since they're nice people they've accepted the times when it's possible and I've been able to see you at those times. Ever since I found out about the move, I've been trying to spend as much time with you as possible and make the most of it. Since I found out about the move, I've been trying to spend a lot of time with you and enjoy it as much as possible. I know it's very selfish of me because because of this this separation is going to be even more brutal. I'm sorry. she says, bowing her head again in shame.

Besides, I want to stop for your sake. From the start you've supported me without asking too many personal questions, just saying that you're there for me and that if I wanted to talk about it you'd be available. It's as if you were doing me a favor without knowing what to do, blindly. I'm also extremely grateful to you. I didn't let on, but it helped me to cope on my own. I also thought about the fact that we could expect each other, but it's like a long-distance relationship, it would be too difficult. You're a really lovely person with a huge heart and I didn't know how to take care of that. I'm very happy to have met you and sorry at the same time to have put you through this hell. I sincerely hope you find someone better than me, who can take care of you properly."

A long silence followed Chae's long speech. Felix hadn't moved. Felix finally replied:

"- Ok. But I'm really disappointed you didn't tell me. Even if you didn't want to bother me, at least I would have known. You didn't have to tell me everything, but waiting until the end to explain it all to me was... how can I put this... disappointed me. Chae you're a good person, it's not your fault. I hope on your side you find someone good too. Bye."

Felix left, leaving the young woman standing there. Throughout his speech, she'd kept her head down. The blond saw that she was crying, both from shame and sadness. She could hardly speak at times. Once he'd left the park and was out of Chae's sight, the young man ran home, wanting to get home as quickly as possible. He couldn't hold back his tears. Once again, for a second time, he was crying for Chae. Felix could have thought about how Seungmin would react to him arriving home in his current state, but he didn't have time to think about it. Arriving in front of the flat-share. He entered, the door having been left open, and headed straight for his room. Seungmin didn't come to visit the blond during the evening. Felix fell asleep quickly, exhausted by events.