54) Dan Feng?

(Y/N)'s PoV:

Sooner the Stellaron Hunter leaves, as they walk the man or the one who I presume was 'Yingxing' take one more last time glance at me with full of longing then walk away with Kafka.

"It's been a long time, old friend..." Jing Yuan addresses to Dan Heng who looked away and replied coldly, "I'm not him." Then suddenly Dan Heng grabbed my hand, "Let's go." I squeezed his hand lightly that's holding mine so I can grab his attention "Dan Heng... Are you... okay?" "I'll explain it to you later."

As he turned around Jing Yuan suddenly speaks, "You two are here for your Astral Express friends right, what about we meet them together?" Suddenly I feel another anger towards Jing Yuan who just sent Yanqing back to the Seat of Divine foresight.

"General!" I raised my arm to hit him with a tears rolling down from my eyes, thankfully Dan Heng held my hand to prevent it. "I-if... you just didn't stopped me earlier then... he... he wouldn't have... I... I could've save him! I could've protected him!"

Dan Heng cupped my cheeks as he wipe my tears away with his thumb. "(Y/N)... I'm... I'm fine." Our eyes met and when realized... I started to doubt him... His eyes are different, he have translucent horns, his ears are sharp pointed, and he have a long black hair with a red strand just like the red eyeliner on both of his eyes but his voice still the same... it's just lowered a bit. "W-what... what are you...?"

Dan Heng was caught off guard and froze at my question. "I... I'm a Vidyadhara, also known as Long's Scions, we posseses draconic features descended from Long... The deceased Aeon of Permanence." My hand gently laid on his cheek as I suddenly have an urge to caress it. "Are you not surprised? or Scared?" He asked with hesitation and avoiding to make an eye contact with me.

"I'm more scared of losing you..." I mumbled quietly and wishing that he didn't heard it. Jing Yuan suddenly breaks our moment as he speak. "The Starskiff are ready to head off towards the Scalegorge waterscape, your Astral Express friends must be waiting for you two." We looked at each other and nodded at Jing Yuan to head off where March, Caleus, and Welt is.

...

All the time that we boarded the Starskiff I'm silent... I was spacing out having many thoughts inside my head. 'Those Stellaron hunters... Yingxing... Dan Heng's original form... Dan Heng's crime in past... or is this crime is somewhat connected to the man that's why he seek vengeance...'

Out of nowhere I suddenly felt a hand on my head and Dan Heng is looking at me worriedly, "We're here, are you alright?" I nodded at him and tried to smile at him but it seems that I failed.

"Lunarescent Depths a realm of singular beauty. Scalegorge Waterscape is the same as when I last laid eyes on it... and here we stand so different from one another." Jing Yuan suddenly speak as if reminiscing past with good memories as we got off when we're greeted an old ruin in the middle of the sea.

"The waters of the ancient sea have cleansed Dan Feng of his past sin. The person that once stood here alongside you is no more. I am Dan Heng. Whether Dan Feng was hero or villain has nothing to do with me." Dan Heng replied to Jing Yuan while I'm listening to them, the more I listen the more their conversation goes deeper which makes more harder for me to process.

"If you wish to get rid of Dan Feng's illusion then you must do something for me. It is as I said: here we stand so different from one another. Dan Feng is no more now there is only Dan Heng. I... I am the general of the Luofu. There are things that I wish I did not have to do, and yet I must."

'Who is Dan Feng...?'