Atlas Montgomery

He was an asshole and to be fair, I was betting that he thought the same thing about me. Some rich ass girl, who's always up until late night and who is basically living in the ballet hall. That's not entirely wrong, simply because I'm actually doing ballet since I can think. I started when I was four, now I'm nineteen. It never up for me to quite ballet, it just happened that I've started it and so my parents put me up for my first ever junior ballet classes, now I'm in the masterclasses, which were a whole another thing. It was hard, Madame Gamour was disciplined and she hated if something wasn't right. A perfectionist.
"Atlas, chest out!" her strong French accent made me flinch and I did as she told me. My leg was stretched out on the bar next to me, while I tensed my arms above my head and puffed my chest. The little drops of sweat were on my forehead and I felt like suffocating in my own body. It was way too warm, to wear this tights and those gauntlets, even though we had to wear them. My worn out white ballet shoes were in need of getting replaced. The door opened and every girl in the room turned around, as Madame Gamour stopped the music.
"Boys, come in!" Madame Gamour smiled, showing her wrinkles on her cheeks. Luke and nine other boys stepped in the room.
"Girls, since we have the dance of the year next month, Coach Peterson and I decided to put you two together, since their game is also in that exact timeline. The boys will train you, they will train your stamina, so you will be setting yourself up to run every day. While you teach the guys how to dance. It won't be ballet, but a good waltz is an option since the ball will also be at the end of this year." everyone starts to murmur and the Coach blew in his whistle, making us girls wince. The boys groaned in annoyance and I was by now pretty much pissed.

"Amber Avery and Emil Jenkins."

"Kaitlin Pierce and Calum Hood."

"Jessica Reid and Michael Clifford."

"Bella Lewis and Ashton Irwin."

"Atlas Montgomery and Luke Hemmings." I never snapped my head up so fast, after hearing who my partner was.

"Coach,"

"Madame,"

We said it in sync, when we shared a death glare towards each other. Kaitlin gave me an amused look. Kaitlin was my best friend since I was here and she was practically drooling over Calum Hood, who was ironically enough Luke Hemmings' best mate. I could scream and punch into Luke's face.

"No one changes their partners, this will be noted!" Coach told everyone and I looked at Luke, who was talking to Michael, since the blue haired boy looked at me, with a smug grin.

"Kaitlin, I really don't want to work with Luke." I whisper to here, as we started stretching us.

"Believe me, I know." she giggles, but finds it unbelievably funny, that I'm working with the guy I hated the most on this campus. Luke was a walking sex bacteria, I was pretty sure that he lost his virginity at high school, the night we drove to a class-trip. I knew Luke since I was 16, which was bearably long enough for someone like me, who has a patience span of an elephant. I wasn't the impatient type of girl and I liked to sort things out, before I'll get onto it, else I would probably lose it.

"Hello, princess, look what game faith played with us." Luke Hemmings grinned at me and I could punch that grin off of his lips. Working with Calum Hood would be much better — Calum is funny, kind and he's even adorable. I wouldn't tell anyone that, but when I was in elementary school, I had the biggest crush on the kiwi boy and it was really breathtaking how much he had grown.

"Your faith must suck, because I'm definitely not happy with this." I come back and he chuckles, making me roll with my eyes.

"So, what are you doing?" his voice sounded genuinely curious, causing me to narrow with my eyes.

"I'm stretching myself, Luke."

"Can you show me?" my head shot up and I looked into a pair of icy blue eyes and nodded.

"Sit on the ground and spread your legs." sitting on the ground, I looked at Luke, who did the same and chuckled.

"If you really want to get in my pants, why don't you say anything, baby?" his words are so smooth and everything, but calm. I hate this guy so much and I don't even have a reason for it. He just started being a dick, so I stayed away from him. Even though we've never really been close. I blushed, immediately looking at my hands and letting a strand of my brown curls fall onto my face. The habit of plugging on my bottom lip was coming through, as well as picking on my finger nails. My mother would throw a tantrum, if she saw me picking on my finger nails.

"Atlas?" he used my name in a genuine voice, making me look up and roll my fingers into fists.

"Yes Luke?" my voice was dry, which reminded me, that I need to drink something.

"Stretching?"

"Oh, yeah. So, give me your hands, after sitting like this." I demonstrated and sat with wide spread legs in front of him. Luke sat just like I did and held his hands up. When our fingers touched, I felt the rush through my veins and it left goosebumps. I gulped and pulled him to me, so his back muscles would start to stretch. Luke had his pearl white teeth on his lip ring, biting on it. Was it a habit out of nervousness?

"If it starts burning, then it is because the muscles starts to stretch, but if the pain gets too much, you should come up and let the muscle relax. Else you'll damage the muscle." I explained and did the same thing. Luke was watching me, while doing the stretch exercises.

"How long have you been dancing ballet?" his voice was deep and oddly calm, despite the fact that I actually hate Luke. The fact that he tries to build up a normal conversation made my stomach churn. It felt weird, to have a normal conversation with him and all I wanted to do is run away — run and hide in my own space.

"Since I was four." feeling every back muscle of mine burn, I hold that position for at least ten seconds, before I straighten my back again and looked back at Luke, who had wide eyes.

"How long have you doing Lacrosse?" I decided to be civil in this conversation, so I tried to ask something back and came up with this. Very modern, Atlas.

"I think I was eleven when I started." Luke shrugs and straightens his back as well. The fact, that I would be doing exercises with him every day was sickening and I didn't wanted it. Doing stuff like that, especially with Luke, was out off my comfort zone. I wasn't scared, that he would run off to his friends and tell how bad I suck at running or doing his exercises.