20

Atlas Montgomery

A whole week passed and the rehearsal for the dance started officially today on the stage. Luke and I had practiced, regardless our fight. I also found out, that Calum and Luke beat each other up. I haven't seen Luke, since the fight, we had our training once a week, other than that I was alone and he was with Calum.

"Monty, are we running?" Ashton jogs over to me, wrapping his sweaty body on mine and I squealed, trying to push him away. Ashton and I are hanging a lot, since he didn't wanted to leave me alone.

"Sure, give me thirty and I'll meet you here, okay?" I look at the sweaty boy, who came from lacrosse practice. Ashton pulled the helmet off of his head, shaking his wet hair, making me laugh loudly.

"Alright, see you later." with that Ashton and I separated our ways and I walked the path to the dorms, when I saw Luke against the wall, looking at someone, who looked way too much dressed up, to be a student. I got closer, since I had to go through the door, when I heard Luke's quiet, yet angry voice.

"You won't tell her fucking shit, okay? She knows, but she doesn't know you're the one I'm driving in your fucking race." he growled, but huffed a second after. I winced — did he just took a punch?

"All because one pathetic relationship. Luke, let me tell you. Atlas isn't even interested in you." I couldn't believe what I was hearing. It was my dad's voice, talking with Luke.

"She loves me, Bryce. You fucking know it, alright? And just because I won't fucking move your fucking little cars, does it not mean, I can't be with," he was cut off by another huff.

"Your little girlfriend doesn't even know, that her own dad, gives her boyfriend money, does she?" my father laughed and I freeze. Something fell from my hand, out of shock, which I register as my bag, when I looked into the faces of my father and Luke. I turned around, running into the building, tears welled up in my eyes and I felt so stupid out of all sudden. I felt like laughing and crying.

"Atlas, wait!" Luke called out and grabbed my wrist. I turned around, slapping against his cheek, taking him off caught.

"You're a liar!" I sobbed out and Luke looked at me, clenching his jaw, while a red hand print was forming on his left cheek.

"You have to believe me, that I did this for you, Atlas, please!" he begged, trying to cup my cheeks. My sobs turned into heavy hiccups and I was falling apart, right in front of Luke.

"You lied to me, you fucking work with my father, Luke! That's why he talked to you, the day I took you to my place, right? He called on my birthday, am I right?" I yelled and felt his arms on my shoulders. He didn't answered, but he was crying and right now he had no right.

"Baby, please,"

"After everything we've been through, Luke. You did this? Did you ever wanted to tell me?" I choked out and I couldn't help but feel so lonely in a place, where everyone was. I'm lonely like a castaway and this hurt so much, more than every time my parents left me alone.

"Atlas, you've got to believe me. I wanted to, I swear on everything I have, I wanted to fucking tell you." Luke cupped my cheeks and looked at me.

"When?" I know I was pathetic for crying over a boy, but it hurts so much.

Luke was again quiet, when the others had joined and looked at us. Calum tried to interject, but Ashton pulled him back. The kiwi boy looked at me, then to Calum.

"Did you all knew?" I whispered, looking at the group. Michael looked away and Calum clenched his jaw, his eyes filled with tears. Kaitlin looked at me, her eyes teary as well and at this point I keep on asking myself why I was stupid and foolish enough for a boy, who only wanted his fun with me?

"You all knew and no one ever tried to tell me?" I whimpered and Kaitlin leaned against Calum's chest, when I stepped back.

"For once in my lifetime, I wish I could wake up with amnesia." I whispered, before I left the group and got into my dorm. My phone was buzzing uncontrollably and I picked it up, throwing it against the wall and watching the small device shatter into thousand pieces. Just like my heart shattered with every breath I took.

"Atlas, please open this door." Luke's knocks were frantic, but I leaned against my bed, crying my eyes out, over a guy who never deserved me. And someone who never deserved my love.

"I beg you, open this door." he sobbed and I covered my ears, not bearing to hear his voice right now. It hurts and it pains my chest. I was so sick and tired of being alone, but now — now I was on my own.