4

Atlas Montgomery

Walking over to the Lacrosse field, I had my headphones connected to my phone and currently I was listening to Taylor Swift. A classic. The sun was burning into my neck and I felt myself getting warm, since I stepped outside. It was 3PM and I was currently walking to Luke, because he had practice for two hours now and I decided to watch. Since I got nothing better to do.

"Monty!" I saw Calum running up to me and frowned, as I pulled the headphones from my ears. He was panting and had a red and sweaty face.

"Aren't you supposed to be on the field?" walking to the benches, Calum walked with me. He chuckled, putting the helmet from his face.

"Yeah, but I have a question. It's about Kaitlin." he started to fiddle with his jersey. Number 4, Hood, University of Melbourne.

"What is it?" I put my ballet bag on the bench and sat next to it. Calum sighed, kicking the little rocks between his foot away, as he looked up again.

"Is she seeing someone?" there was a cute shade of red covering his cheeks and I couldn't help but smile.

"She's not." assuring that to Calum, he gave me the biggest grin ever.

"Thank you! Uh — how are things with Hemmo?" he asks, deciding to sit next to me. Oh, Coach would kick his ass, if he wasn't yelling at Ashton, for playing on the wrong side.

"We're working out, what is so special on that?" I huffed, making him grin. Calum ruffled through my long hair, the curls are coming out of my ponytail and I glared at Calum, who gave me a smile. Gathering my hair together, to make a higher ponytail, I thought about about why he asked that question.

"I don't know, you two seem to despise each other." his answer wasn't that wrong.

"We do since elementary school, Calum." chuckling, I looked at my hands, fiddling with my wristbands.

"Hood, get your ass on the field!" Coach Peterson whistled with his whistle, which hand loosely around his neck and Calum made a face.

"I see you around, Monty." he smiles, giving me a small wink, before he runs up to the field, readjusting his helmet and taking his bat. When Luke and I's eyes met, I felt the goosebumps running down my spine and tried to look away. He lifted the covers of his helmet and licked over his lips and even though he was far away, I could still see that.

"Hemmings, play!" Coach Peterson caught us off our stare and Luke starts playing. He was in the middle field, his long legs running on the green grass, while Calum was the attacker and from Bella, I knew that Ashton was a goalie and Michael was the defense man.

Kaitlin joined me, half an hour after the start of the practice. Her blonde hair was up in a braided bun, while mine were in a messy bun.

"Calum and you, huh?" I grinned at her, making her giggle. Her giggles were unbelievably adorable and in general — people loved to be around Kaitlin. She is smart, extrovert and she is caring. I knew, that Calum and Kaitlin would make a great couple, even though I don't even know Calum that well.

"We have a study-date tomorrow. We're studying for history together." she announced happily and I could see the red cheeks, even though she had blush on her cheeks, it wasn't just the make up.

"That's great, good luck with him." I chuckled, grabbing the bottle of water from my bag, taking three big swigs out of it. I watch the exercise, when Calum tripped and looked at Kaitlin with the most cheekiest smile you could've ever seen on this boy.

"What's up, Kay?" he tries to act cool, leaning against the goal and grins like the happiest guy on earth.

"Hey Cal. Nothing, I give Atlas some company." her smile was bright, as she giggles and I chuckled, when Luke caught my eyes, once again. He pulled his helmet from his body, as well as his gloves. Running over the benches and grabbing a bottle of water. Half of the bottle was emptied on his head, making his hair damp, as the other half of his bottle was finding his lips.

"Wouldn't expect you watching me, princess." Luke's snoopy remark made me roll with my eyes. I shrug and take my bag.

"It's not like we have to meet up anyways." I mumbled, making his blue eyes shine in response, due the sun, which is shining into our faces.

"Oh yeah, we have to exercise. How about we get changed, then we'll meet up here again?" he put his chest protector on the ground and wiped the sweat from his forehead. He revealed his v-line and his belly button, where was a soft golden trail, which he seems to shave.

"I know I'm hot, but you don't need to stare, princess." Luke said cockily, making me snap my head up.

"I'll see you in twenty." I groaned, being frustrated with his remarks and his cocky answers.

On my way back to my dorm, I put my headphones back in and sighed. Deciding to grab a fresh outfit, I pulled out a sports bra, a crop shirt and a pair of black leggings, underneath I was wearing some sneakers and I put my hair up to a high ponytail. Grabbing my phone and putting it onto my pocket, which was attached on the thigh, I walked out and saw Luke waiting on the lacrosse field.

"You made it, baby." his cocky grin made me roll with my eyes.

"What have you planned?" I frown, since I saw nothing with him — as in, no equipment.

"We're running today. I do that once a week, helps me to keep up my stamina." the blonde smirked, biting into his black lip piercing. I watched his lips and chewed on my own.

"Then we might have to take your first class tomorrow after our class." I gulped, making him nod.

"I guess." his words were again so soft, just like back then we were stretching ourselves.

"Do we just run?" looking up to him, I licked over my lip, starting to plug on my fingernails.

"Start slow and breath steadily from your nose in, out from your mouth, got it?" it seriously sounded like a demand, when I just nodded, looking around the campus. The sun wasn't that much up, as a few hours ago and now it was a bit cooler. I regret that I don't took my jacket with me. It was reckless and careless of me, but I just ignored the feeling of freezing and waited for Luke to run.

"Take my hoodie." his sudden words pulled me from my trance and I snapped my head up, making him chuckle.

"Montgomery, I mean it. I can't have you all dying on me." he imitated a horrible French accent, making me break out in a giggle.

"Madame Gamour never said that." nevertheless I took the hoodie. It was his lacrosse hoodie and now Luke was just left in his plain white shirt, letting his muscles come through and even a few lines of ink were visible.