19

Luke Hemmings

My knuckles were numb, my voice hoarse and my throat was burning. Everything felt so fucking shitty right now and all I did was screaming at the top of my lungs, until my chest was tight. I wish I could turn back time, hold Atlas. Tell her I love her. How she has me wrapped around her finger. At this point I was pretty sure, that she wouldn't want to see me anymore.

"A quick fuck, are you fucking serious?" Michael pushed me against the dorm wall and I inwardly beg for him to punch me regardless. I deserved it, every single punch from every single soul of my friends.

"You hurt her, Luke. Bad." Calum said, making my sight blurry. I couldn't care fucking less, if I cried. My heart was in pieces and my bloody knuckles were busted open, because I've punched into my wall, where I had a red blood patch now. I felt like throwing up and crying. I wanted to take Atlas into my arms, kissing and hugging her. Giving all the love she needs and deserves. She slips away and right now, I tried to avoid the pain, as my body goes colder and I tried to hold her mentally closer, which I obviously couldn't, because I'm the reason she feels fucking shitty.

"What should I do now?" I whispered, desperately trying to not to sound not too pathetic, but it was honestly no use for me to cry, while Atlas felt worse. I shouldn't have said those stupid words, because one, we haven't even had sex and two, she's more than just a quick fuck. She was my safe space.

"I think you'll have to leave her alone for a couple days, just talk to her in PE, but don't overwhelm her." Ashton mumbled, looking down at me, as I was still sitting on the carpet. There was only one thing — I couldn't stay away from Atlas. I needed to be in her near and I had to protect her desperately.

"Fine." yet I still nodded, agreeing to the plan. I took my running shoes and slipped into them, as I pulled a pair of shorts on my legs and a lose white shirt, I plugged my headphones in, listening to some rap song, which was filled with heavy beats. Maybe running would be the best solution and I could get Atlas out of my mind, at least for a bit.

Wherever I looked, the memories of her being with me in one of these corners made my heart shatter. How could I be the one who put her in pain, yet at the same time I felt the same pain?

"Luke?" Calum jogged to me and I furrowed my eyebrows together, putting my headphones from my ears.

"I'm gonna join you, if that's alright." he mumbled, before I could even say something he sighs and runs. We ran into the forest and fifteen minutes had passed and no one of us said a single word. It started to get a bit creepy and I was worried, that Calum might've done something and wanted to talk to me about it.

"Calum, is everything alright?" I frown, making him slow down and pull out his phone.

"I don't know, Luke. Is everything alright with you?" Calum asked back, passing me his phone. It was blank at first, then I gasped — in shock, in fear? I had no idea. But that was me on the video. Bryce was filming me and I didn't know, how he send this video to Calum, but no one knew about the deal and now everything's going downfalls.

"Cal, let me explain." I started, but Calum grabbed my shoulders, just to slam me against the next tree. I groaned in pain, looking at the boy in front of me.

"Let you explain, Luke? You fucking made a deal with that cunt and you know how much of a dick he is. He pulled you into all of this and Luke, we both know what he did to your parents, alright? How he lied to your mother, because," I stopped him and clenched my jaw.

"Shut the fuck up! You know nothing, Calum!" I yelled back, pushing him away. Calum looked at me, shaking his head in disbelief.

"He fucking lied to your mother, because else you'd be a drug addict and," I don't know how, but my fist met Calum's jaw.

"Don't fucking dare to say it, I'm fucking alright, okay?" I snarled, pushing Calum away. Well, I didn't knew, he would fire back — when I felt a dull ache on my left cheek. I stumbled against another tree, grabbing Calum by his collar and boxing against his jaw.

"You don't know fucking shit, okay? What he said to you is,"

"She doesn't know, does she?" Calum let out a strangled noise in pain, giving me a small grin with bloodstained teeth and I stopped.

"Thought so." he flipped us over, punching right into my face. I deserved them regardless, because I made a deal with someone, who does everything to destroy your life. You rarely get out of Bryce's deals and if you do, you have a whole lot of money to do that. That guy may be rich, but he wants his price, if you're pissing off.

"You're an idiot to make a deal with him, because you know what? He's gonna kill you, then he's gonna tell Atlas everything, because you were lying to her." Calum's fist met my face unbelievably many times, when I closed my eyes and my chest was going up and down rapidly. I was crying. Calum stopped, his arms resting around my body, as he pulled me into his chest and hugged me.

"Remember I got my ass beaten up?" I looked at him and he nodded, spitting the blood from his mouth.

"That was Bryce, I haven't been on that one race, because I was with Atlas." I told him and Calum sighed, getting up. He helped me up and I wiped over my face, ignoring the harsh pain in my body.

"We're gonna end this with Bryce, alright?" he whispers and we started walking back to the campus.

"What if he doesn't play with us?" genuinely scared of my life, I looked at Calum, who sighed deeply, which made me even more anxious.

"I have no idea, Luke."