14

Atlas Montgomery

"Happy Birthday!" someone pulled the blanket from me and I jerked my body up. Luke, Kaitlin, Michael, Ashton and Calum looked at me. A cake in Michael's hand and a phone in Ashton's, while Calum, Kaitlin and Luke held three bags in their hands.

"Oh God, guys, no." I whined, trying to get Luke's blanket back. It was smelling good and it was warm.

"Come on, you stupid idiot. You're nineteen!" Calum screeched and I shook my head.

"I'm sixteen." I told him and Kaitlin laughed, making me grin lazily. It was a super stupid insider between me and her. No matter how old we get, we always will be sixteen.

"Wouldn't I be way too old for you then?" Luke mumbled and I looked up to him, grabbing him by his collar, just to push him onto my body. Luke huffed, grabbing my waist.

"C'mon, get up. We have a lot planned with you." he chuckles, kissing my neck.

"But what if I want to be with you all the time?" my voice muffled by his chest, making Luke chuckle.

"I wish, but I'm gonna take you out after our little party together." he announced and now opened my eyes.

"You guys organized a party for me?" I asked in awe and I felt my cheeks reddening. I had the best friends on earth.

"Sure, baby. Now get up, we have a long day ahead." Michael playfully snaps and Luke glares at him.

"Call her baby one more time and your dick is off." he snaps and I sat up, kissing Luke's cheek.

"Oh, before we forget! Here, these are for you." Calum gave me the bag and so did Luke and Kaitlin. I opened Kaitlin's bag at first, there were a necklace from Pandora, which I wanted to quite some time. In Calum's bag was my perfume, which I used — Miss Dior. Luke gave me his bag and beamed like the sun. I opened the bag and unwrapped the paper softly, when I saw a pair of light pink ballet shoes. They were new and felt so soft in my hand, but that wasn't all. There was another wrapped gift, so I picked it up and unwrapped the paper from it. It was a shirt, but when I unfold it, I grinned like a huge idiot. Hemmings, 13, University of Melbourne. His old lacrosse jersey.

"These gifts are so pretty, thank you guys so much." I hugged everyone and stopped in front of Luke, making him grin, as I got on my tip toes and wrapped my arms around him. Luke pulled me even closer and I smiled, leaning my forehead against his, watching his blue eyes burning into mine.

"Happy fucking birthday, princess." his voice was deep and huskily, I closed my eyes and simply enjoyed it. Right before I felt his lips on mine and I kissed back, eagerly, not being in the need of more, but loving to feel his lips on mine.

"Thank you." I whispered and heard Ashton snicker. There was a cake, with green foam and pink letters, saying: "One year closer to being a milf."

"It was my idea!" Michael pointed out and grinned proudly.

"You guys are insane." I laughed and looked at the cake in adoration. It looked really good and I was proud of Kaitlin. I knew she would've baked it, but the message was probably from Michael.

Slipping into a pair of tight black jeans and Luke's gifted lacrosse jersey, Luke was sitting on his bed, when I came out freshly changed and looked at him. His eyes traveled down my whole outfit, as he got up and took us in front of the mirror. He took his phone out and kissed my forehead, taking a whole lot pictures. I looked at Luke and smiles, loving the way he keeps every memory in his phone and sometimes he posted them on Instagram. I had mine on private, but if I post something, it was just me dancing or being on another girls night out with Kaitlin. I hadn't had post something in ages, my last post was from two years ago, because that was on my sixteenth birthday and Kaitlin and I had our first international ballet performance. My heart paced up, when Luke looked at me and pecked on my lips, but making a picture.

"Lovebirds, we want to celebrate." it was Kaitlin, who got into the room and grinned teasingly. I giggled, blushing madly and looking at my feet.

"What have you guys planned?" I tilt my head, looking at the boys, making Michael grin playfully.

"We're going to a fun park." Calum wraps his arm around Kaitlin's waist and kisses her cheek, making me smile. I was excited to go to the fun park, if I'm honest. I've never been to one.

"Oh my God, what! I'm so excited, I've never been in one before." I giggle and Luke wide-eyed.

"You've never been to a fun park?" he asks utterly confused, making me nod. Luke shook his head in disbelief and took my hand.

"Let's go, I'll show you the best things to drive with, princess." he grins, leading us all to Calum's car, where someone connected his phone and blasted some loud music. Something I would never listen to, if I didn't got to know Luke or his friends. I was unbelievably happy with them and I couldn't ask for someone better around me. Any reason I had for hating the boys fizzled out. Luke wasn't a stuck up, an illegal racer, a lacrosse player, a smartypants, a troublemaker. Well, maybe he was, but he wasn't for me. At this point, I wasn't judging him anymore. I found myself falling for him — for Luke Hemmings.