13

Luke Hemmings

I watched her falling asleep, after she had gotten into my hoodie and her shorts. Her small fragile looking body was on my big one, her hands wrapped around my body, scared that I would leave and her eyes closed, her hair framing her pretty face and fuck — I've fallen madly in love with Atlas Montgomery. At this point, I would gladly risked punches from her daddy, because I hadn't done what he wanted.

Moving around, without waking Atlas, I grabbed a shirt of mine, pulling it over my body. Of course Bryce had to text me, in the middle of the night. It was 2AM or so and I was annoyed that I had to leave Atlas alone in my dorm. Grabbing my phone and my keys, I jogged through the cold night and saw the silver Porsche, belonging to Bryce fucking Montgomery.

"It's about time, Luke." he watched me, getting in his car, as he started it and started the engine. I don't remember when I felt so fucking stressed out, especially since the game is coming closer and Atlas' ballet classes are starting to get more tense — or maybe because I weren't at this race and had to keep the fucking secret, that Atlas' dad was the new sponsor. Actually I had no right to be this protective about Atlas, we weren't dating. At least not yet. I actually planned on asking her for the ball, because I would love to go with her, because else I knew I wasn't going.

"You don't fucking mess with me, Hemmings. Now you're going to pay for this." Bryce growls, the car is holding on a building. It was an abandoned factory building. I clenched my jaw, getting out of the car and watching two bright shouldered man walking up to us.

"You should've come to that race, Luke. We both know it — you fucking need the money and I need you in my race." his grin was devilish, as I felt the blunt punch right into my jaw. It was no fucking use to fight back, they were giants, compared to me. I may be tall, but they were fucking rocks. I took the punches, while Bryce watched me, amused. I could see the phone, since he started recording me, for what fucking reason ever.

"You'll be the new racer, Luke. If you want it or not. I fucking drag you to the race tomorrow." he growls, kicking me right into my stomach. I fell on the ground, groaning and coughing. I felt the hot liquid running down my nose, as well as gathering in my mouth. I could sense at least a broken rib and right now, I didn't dared to move. This was fucking bullshit.

"I'll pick you up tomorrow, try to rest, Luke." with a small slap on my cheek, Bryce left and so did the two bulldogs of his. I spit out the blood, grabbing into my pocket and dialing Calum's number.

"Fucking hell, mate, what happened to you?" apparently Calum took half of our group with himself. Kaitlin, Ashton, Michael, Jess and Atlas. I didn't dared to fucking look up to her.

"Who did this?" Kaitlin frowned, kneeling down in front of me. She was about to cup my chin, when I grabbed her wrist.

"Don't fucking touch me, Pierce." I growled at her, mostly in pain, but also in annoyance and a bit in embarrassment.

"Stop being so stubborn, Kay is the only one, who's medical knowledge." Ashton growls and I shook my head, trying to get up. I ignored the burning pain in my sides, where I had more than one bruise.

"Lift your shirt, Luke." Michael clenched his jaw, making me roll with my eyes. Even that hurt. This was embarrassing, especially since Atlas hadn't said a single word to me.

"Luke, please." it was her vulnerable voice, which made me look up to her. Atlas stepped to me, her cold fingers pulling my shirt up, when she teared up. I couldn't help but feel like the world's most known asshole as any other day, when I wasn't with Atlas. Before I got to know her and only had heard stuff about her — when I hated her.

"Who did this to you?" sliding her fingertips over the purple marks, I groaned in pain and looked at Atlas, who was horrified. Maybe it was the location, maybe my state — but I wanted to pull her in my embrace and whisper sweet stuff in her ear, because I knew, no one had ever did that to her.

"Let's get you back on campus." she sniffles, taking my head and walking to Calum's black SUV. In the car I tried to make myself as small as possible, but Atlas had other plans. She took my hand, caressed it softly and she was crying, which I felt incredibly sorry for.

"Who did this, Luke?" Ashton was the only one, who was capable to stay calm.

"I don't know, Ashton. I haven't seen a face." I lied and swallowed down the feeling of pure anger and guiltiness.

"Fuck." he cursed and looks at me, his eyes filled with anger and worry. Calum pulled over to the campus, letting us all out.

"We have to go to the cops." Atlas spoke up, causing me to shake my head, regretting it directly after. I was numb with pain and everything hurt.

"No, we won't. They'll question us." I hiss in pain, getting help from Atlas to get into my dorm.

"I'm staying with you and I don't care what you say." she snaps at me and I crack a grin, looking at the small girl right next to me. She had no right to be this fucking perfect.

"You're so hot right now, I'm about to lose it with you." I whispered into her ear, letting her know, how hard she made me, just when she sucked that lolly pop the other day. We made it somehow to my dorm, when Calum got with Kaitlin into her dorm.

"Luke, shut up." she whispered and I chuckled, opening the door and letting the small girl in.

"You're about to get killed someday." she whispered, kissing my forehead, as she stood on her tip toes.

"I don't think so, the only thing what could actually kill me, is you leaving me, princess." I was so honest and for once in my goddamn existence, I've missed to ask someone about girls. I fucking missed my mother and I knew, she was fucking mad at me — and she had every right to be. I was just a troublemaker and cost her a lot of energy. I needed her advice, but I couldn't reach out for her. I was fucking scared to let Atlas go or that she'll slip away, because I'm such a jackass. I wanted her to be happy, but as selfish as it sounds — I needed her to be in my near. I needed this girl right next to me incredibly much. And not gonna lie, if I wouldn't be this beaten up, I would've dragged Atlas right into her room, slammed her against it and destroy her pretty little mind. As I said, I would wreck her, when I leave.