23

Luke Hemmings

Ashton and Michael dragged me into the locker rooms, telling me to pull my shit together and get fucking changed. I did as I was told and for once in my goddamn life, I wanted my mother to be here so fucking bad. I wanted to hear, that we would win, I want her kisses on my forehead, her soothing words. I was anxious and I was pretty sure, that I was too young to feel this fucking lost.

"Luke, you have a minute!" Peterson snapped, making me run to my teammates. My mind was at Atlas. She had her dance tonight and I would seriously love to watch her, being a swan. I bet she would look so fucking pretty.

"Luke!" Calum looked at me, breathlessly, as he wrapped his arms around me and hugged me briefly.

"How is she?" I needed an answer for this question so bad. Atlas and I haven't talked or seen each other in a month. A fucking month and I felt so alone. I trying to find a way how it was before, but I see her in everything. She follows me or her shadow does and all I needed to hear, that she was fine. Even though I fucked up and she slipped away. I saw her mistakes, let them be, but it felt like I've burned her alive — like I betrayed her.

"She's okay and she misses you. I could see that in her eyes." my heart clenched at Calum's words and I was in the verge of crying once again.

"But she's mad at me."

"It's love, Luke." Calum started and smiled mindlessly.

"You can decide who you fall in love with." seriously, if someone will hurt this boy right next to me, I'll punch them.

"Boys, on the field!" Coach sounded way too excited, but to be honest I was anxious, nervous and I was hopelessly in need to see Atlas. I wanted to see her dance — I bet she has a pretty smile on her face, while she was flying over the ground, looking like a fairy.

"Luke, she loves you, okay? Don't let it go to waste." were Calum's last words, before the game starts.

I couldn't even play properly, because I thought about Atlas and Calum's words.

It's love, Luke.

I took the ball into my bat, running with every strength I had.

You can't decide who you fall in love with.

My legs were tired, my lungs so close to give up and my eyes were focused on the goal.

She loves you, Luke.

And goal!

I fucking did this for Atlas — everything I did was for her.

"Someone take this girl from the field!" Nathan, a guy from the other team said, holding a girl's wrist. We all turned around, the game stopped and the so did the cheering. That wasn't just some random girl. That was Atlas — my Atlas. Her make up was smudged, her black mascara was lining under her eyes and the black swan dress wasn't something I got to see any day on her. She must be cold.

She ran over to me, after freeing herself from Nathan's grip. My bat and helmet landed on the ground and I caught her, pulling her as close as possible. Oh God, I missed her — her cute little giggles, her laughs, the perfume she was wearing everyday.

"Atlas, fuck — what are you," for once in my goddamn existence, she was the one shutting me up. Her warm lips laid on mine and my heart almost shattered at how soft the kiss actually was. Cheering by the audience and my teammates were behind me and I wrapped my arms closer around the girl. The kiss was soft and Atlas was crying, which made me cry too — leading us to break the kiss.

"Luke, I'm so,"

"I love you and I'm sorry for making everything behind your fucking back, baby. I promise I stopped the whole race bullshit and for once in my goddamn life, I have a decent job. It's nothing special, but for your love, I wanna be a better man." I smiled, nevertheless I cried at the same time.

"Luke, I love you. And whatever you do, please don't ever leave me behind." she whispered and I smiled, kissing her again and again and over fucking again. She giggles, kissing me, not even caring about where we are and that I actually had a game to win. She was just standing there, kissing me breathlessly.

"I'm so in love with you, Hemmings." she grins and I smiled.

"I'm so in love with you, Montgomery." I whispered back.

Love was maybe complex and complicated, but love could make me complete. I was a mess before I met Atlas — she made me a complete mess.