18

Atlas Montgomery

For a split second, after he left through the door, I wished he would come back. Because he cut me open, took my heart and now it felt like we've never been apart. It's been five days. Five days since he said, that he would hurt me bad.

"Michael, leave the poor girl be." Ashton laughed at Michael, who was trying to talk to me and made me at least smile. Currently we were all at the boys' lacrosse practice and Michael and Ashton were on it to make me laugh. The sun started to come more and more and I was wearing a blue shirt, with a white jeans, while Kaitlin wore a light yellow summer dress.

"Where's Hemmings?" Coach Peterson asked, his eyes fixed on the boys, who were drinking out of there bottles. And just on cue, Luke and some girl entered the field. His arms around her waist and her hands buried in the sleeves of his lacrosse hoodie. My heart clenched and I bite back the tears, which was way more, than just one pathetic tear.

"There he is. Luke, go on your place!" the Coach yelled and I looked at Michael, who looked quite speechless, but for once I was it too. I never thought he would leave like that, just to come around with Mandy — his ex girlfriend Mandy.

"Is that fucking Mandy Driver?" Ashton spat, his arm veins popping out, since he clenched his hands around the poor plastic bottle.

"Yeah, that's her. What a fucking dick move from him." Calum mumbled and for once I felt like a worthless piece of shit. It hurt so terribly much, even though I told him that I don't want this anymore and he was begging me not to end it. But what he did was far worse — he went back to his ex. After only five days.

"Hey Atlas." Mandy looked at me, her black long hair framing her perfect face. Her plump lips curled into a smirk and I felt it, that she knew what she was doing and I hated her for that.

"Mandy." I looked at her, not smiling or being polite. I just said her name because I felt forced to do so.

"Luke, baby, can I take your jersey tonight with me?" her voice was laced with a hint of bittersweet revenge. Luke's blue eyes looked into mine, making my heart crumble. I looked at him, before Michael pulled me away, telling me that we're going on a party tonight.

"You fucking won't." Luke growled, making us stop dead in tracks. Michael sneered in agony, watching his best friend, who grabbed my wrist, where I pulled away from.

"I will." trying to sound at least a bit more like someone, who tried to get rid of her feelings, I clenched my jaw suppressing the urge to scream at the whole world, from the top of my lungs, until my chest feels tight.

"She will." Michael agreed to me and watched Luke closely. They maybe were best friends, but I think Michael grew onto me, as in being someone like my brother or someone I could lean on and I think it pains him, seeing me like that.

"You will?" Luke chuckled humorously, his arms crossed and on his lips was a bitter smirk. I hate him so much right now.

"Yes Luke, I will and the last thing I'm remembering is, that we're not a solid thing. So leave me alone." he was fuming, I could tell. But I was furious and felt all the anger and I needed to take it out somehow.

"Go on, Atlas. Go on that fucking party. As if I would've fucking cared, after all you were just a quick fuck." this was pain at it's most degree and I was tasting my own medicine.

"A quick fuck?" I gulped and Luke clenched his jaw. He was regretting it — everything we had, he was regretting it.

"Luke, you don't mean that." Calum tried to talk him out of it. Even if he wouldn't mean it by now, I was damaged and now it felt like I was bleeding

"Shut up, Calum." he growled and I teared up. We weren't anything, but why does it hurt so bad? It felt like someone stabbed me, right into my chest, leaving the knife in and moving it deeper and deeper, but slowly, just to make me suffer — and that someone, was no one other than Luke Robert Hemmings. Campus bad boy and illegal street racer. I was so bad at letting go, how did he make it look so easy?

I don't know how, but I was back in my dorm, locked in the bathroom and Calum and the others were knocking on the door.

"Sweetheart, open the door, please!" Kaitlin begged, but I sobbed, not even thinking about it. My breath was rapid and I couldn't seem to calm down.

"Come on, Monty, please." Michael sighed, knocking even harder on the door. I felt so pathetic, for letting Luke into my life — for more than just the exercise. He left me in this silence, after he saw all my mistakes and it was mad at myself, because I thought that I could change him. Make him less of an idiot, but it was reckless, because whenever Luke said, that he was going to hurt me, I never thought about hurting me this bad.

I felt like a small daisy in Luke's palm of his hands and Luke he did something I never thought he would. He crushed me.