15

Luke Hemmings

I've never made someone this happy in my whole life. But hearing Atlas' laughs and screams out of happiness — fuck, I've earned for more. More of her happy screeching, her giggles, her laugh, the way her eyes were gleaming. She looked like a small child in the candy section — simply fucking perfect. Around 5PM Kaitlin and the guys left, when Atlas and I grabbed some fries, which she was snacking from and I was holding it, smiling like a little bastard, because I had the whole night planned out. Now it was almost 9PM.

"And how is your birthday so far, baby?" I kissed her forehead, having one arm wrapped around her and the other held the bag of fries. She nodded, licking her fingers clean.

"Everything is so perfect. I love this so much, Lu." she whispers and the nickname gave me chills in a good way. We sat on the grass, where I leaned against her shoulders, feeling nothing but safe.

"Well, it's not done yet, princess. I've planned out the whole night." I heard the little click and blinked, to see the flash from Atlas' phone. I laughed and kissed her cheek, pulling her even closer.

"I love this picture." Atlas giggles adorable and I couldn't think before I speak, when I blurt the next best thing out.

"I love you." I wide-eyed, my mouth slightly ajar and my heart almost dropped.

"Sorry, I — I shouldn't have,"

"I love you too, Luke." and I swear I could've cried right here. I could've cried out of happiness and how cheesy this all actually fucking was. And how madly I loved Atlas.

"You — what? Say that again." I desperately needed to hear those words again. It wasn't like a prove, but it was like a cure, for how fucked up I was and how someone never told me those words.

"I love you, Luke. I love you. I love you. I love you." she giggles and I dropped the fries, hugging her so close, that I was actually scared, I might break a bone or two. Something warm dropped down my cheeks and I chuckled — I was actually crying. It's official — I've gone soft for Atlas.

"Luke, are you crying?" her voice leaked of amusement but also with worry.

"Yeah, but ignore it." I told her, sniffling and wiping my tears away. I pulled away from the hug and watched Atlas, who smiled and reached out to cup my cheek.

"Sounds weird, but," she stops, scooting closer.

"You're pretty when you cry." I had to laugh at this. She had the weirdest way to make compliments and I adored it.

"You have such a complex way to make compliments, do you actually know that?" I ask her and she nods, with a huge smile, before she closed the gap between us. Our lips were just pressed onto each other, no one deepened the kiss.

"I have one last thing for your birthday." I whispered against her lips and I heard her little squeal. Atlas was getting spoiled from me, with all the money I won and I wasn't feeling bad about wasting it on her, instead of going shopping for myself like I actually needed to.

"Oh, really, what?" she whispers against my lips, pecking on them, before we both got up. I took Atlas' hand, taking her with me, through the dark city. Only street lights were burning and I loved the way Atlas was looking around. I directed the way to the prettiest hotel in town, not having the intention to go in a room, right now I just wanted to be off with her — being on the highest floor and get wine from the bar downstairs. To drink it and make out so close to the stars. So I bought the wine from the bar downstairs, the hotel and we both stepped into the elevator, driving to the 10th floor. I opened the door and the cold night breeze crashed against our skin, making Atlas gasp in surprise.

"Luke, this is so pretty." of course there was a little candle light dinner I had ordered, just to make the girl next to me, the happiest girl alive.

"You like it, princess?" I took Atlas' hand, leading her onto the chair and pushing her chair gently back, when I kiss her cheek and feel her hand on my cheek.

"I love this. How did you even made all of this?" she looked at the table. I don't think she meant the food, she meant the time. Since I was spending the whole time with her.

"A friend of mine works here, so I begged him to set this up." I grinned proudly, making Atlas giggle.

"Do you want some wine?" unsure if Atlas likes wine at all, I lift the dark green bottle in my hand and shake it a bit, making her tilt her head.

"Just a bit, please. I've never had it before." she admits, her cheeks glowing red and I caught myself grinning.

"It's like grapes, just with a bit of alcohol." I assured her, even though it was way too sweet for me, I filled my cup with the red liquor. Taking a sip of her glass, she frowned, then she made a face. It was simply the most prettiest thing I've ever seen.

"It's actually okay." she smiles, her eyes traveling over this whole venue. This was pretty and all, but I stared at Atlas — because she was the most prettiest and fragilest thing I've ever met in my whole fucking life.

I don't know how much time had passed, but I could tell that it was enough to make Atlas tipsy. It was the cutest thing ever. She was rambling, talking without a stop. Her cheeks were already a bit red and I could sense the alcohol in my veins too, not that much, but I could sense that I was a bit tipsy.

"Luke, I can't believe you all did this for me." she laughed, as we were walking downstairs. Atlas needed to use the stairs, because the elevator took her too long in her opinion. I had my arms around her, leading her to a room I had booked for the night.

"I would do anything for you, Atlas." not caring about how cheesy I might sound, I looked at the girl and chuckle, while she had skinny arms wrapped around my waist. Nevertheless I picked her up, kissing her neck, as I finally opened the damn door. Atlas squealed, her arms now around my neck.

"You're so fucking perfect, Atlas." I mumble against her neck, after I pushed her against the door. Her first kiss — that moment came through my mind and goosebumps were covering my skin. She didn't said a word, Atlas' blue wide eyes just looked at me, in agony.

"What are you doing with me, princess?" I whispered against her lips and before I could even say something else, Atlas grabbed my cheeks forcefully and pressed an eager kiss on my lips, which I gladly returned. The kiss was deep, longing and earning for each other's skin, which I had no problem with. Inwardly I hoped, that these walls were sound proof, because I'm getting lightheaded and Atlas and I both know, that we really needed tonight. Some things are meant to be secret, right?