Vol 1-Ch-1 The ANHS

1st April. The first day of my high school or any school honestly speaking. If you're asking why is that? You will get your answer.

I was riding a public bus to school. While I was busy reading my book, 'The Big Sleep' by Raymond Chandler. The story is noted for its complexity, with characters double-crossing one another and secrets being exposed throughout the narrative. The title is a euphemism for death; the final pages of the book refer to a rumination about "sleeping the big sleep". Truly a worthwhile read.

The bus picked up more and more passenger. Most of them were young people wearing high school uniforms.

There was also a frustrated salary worker, who looked like the type to have once mistakenly groped someone aboard a crowded bus. An unsteady elderly lady stood in front of me, wobbling so badly I thought she was indanger of falling. Considering I'd known how packed this bus would likely be, I supposed I was simply reaping what I'd sown by getting on.I was fortunate to have found a seat, but it was still crowded.

After making up my mind, l gave the seat to the old lady. She was clearly struggling to stand up and I felt bad. She genuinely thanked me and commented on my kindness.

People who had noticed the old lady, looked at me with respect and admiration. It is interesting how one gesture can make or break your image.

One of them was a young, well built blonde man of my age. He gave me an uninterested look and continued to listen to music in his earphones.

Soon, we arrived at our destination and all the students started exiting the bus.

Tokyo Metropolitan Advanced Nurturing High School , created by the government for the sole purpose of developing future leaders. It boasts a 100% employment and college entry rate, and with thorough, state-directed teaching methods, it spares no effort in pursuing the nation's desired future. It was situated in an artificial island connected to the main city through a single bridge. The area of campus is almost 1000000 square metres, twice the size of Vatican City. It takes it pride in being autonomous , it uses renewable energy and renewable resources , producing no greenhouse gases. It generates energy from solar panels and windmills spread throughout the island , store it in batteries and use automation technology to manage their systems . Rainwater harvesting and greywater recycling is used. It has earthquake resistant buildings and underground bunkers.

I stopped for a moment, took a deep breath and entered through the main gate.

Into a whole new world.

Author's note-
Anhs here is more bigger and more technologically advanced as I wanted the school to be different from the canon. There will be many new changes. Hopefully you guys will like it.
Although the fic will be updated regularly, there could be some breaks but hopefully not more than a week.
I have plans to continue this till second year, so no worries about abandoning.
How you guys liked the changes and what would you like to see.
Feel free to comment, criticism is acceptable.
About the characters,  if you hate any particular character (other than the clowns), try to read with an open mind as I will like to change them for the better.

Have a wonderful day