Vol-2 Ch-5 The Shy One

"That clerk sure was something else. He talked with such incredible passion, I was just so shocked," Kikyou said.

"Didn't you feel kind of disgusted?" Sakura asked.

"N-no, I wasn't disgusted by him. Do you know something? About that clerk?"

She didn't say anything to Kikyou.

"Th-thank you...Ayanokouji-kun. You really...saved me."

"Nah, I didn't really do anything. I just wrote down my address. When they contact me about the repairs, I'll get in touch with you right away, Sakura."

"Since you were with me today, Kushida-san, we completed our task without me having to talk at all. Thank you."

If Sakura had faced that store clerk one-on-one, she probably would've run away.

"Oh, no need to thank me. If you're okay with my help, then I'm happy to lend a hand any time. Sakura-san, you really like your camera. Don't you?"

"Yeah... I've liked cameras ever since I was little. My dad bought me one before I entered junior high, and I absolutely fell in love with it. Or I suppose you could say that I just love taking pictures... I'm not really well informed when it comes to this stuff, though."

"I think being knowledgeable and liking things are separate matters. It's wonderful to be so passionate about something."

"Sakura, you usually take pictures of landscapes, right? Do you ever take pictures of people?" Kikyou asked.

"Huh?!"

Sakura stepped backwards, looking quite flustered.

"Th-that's a secret."

"W-well, it's just... It's embarrassing," replied Sakura, her cheeks reddening. She looked down as she spoke.

As we were walking around the mall. I gave Kikyou a signal.

Suddenly, Kikyou froze while glancing over at Sakura's profile.

"Sakura-san, have we met somewhere before?" Kikyou murmured.

"Huh? N-no. I don't think so, but..."

"Sorry. It's just that when I look at you, I get this feeling that we've met before, Sakura-san. Hey, weird question, but could you try removing your glasses?"

"Huh?! B-but that's... My eyesight is so bad, I wouldn't be able to see a thing..." Sakura put her hand up and waved it, signaling to Kikyou that she did not want to.

"We should hang out together again, Sakura-san. Not just with me, but with my other friends, too."

"That's..." Sakura looked like she wanted to say something, but she couldn't find her way to the end of the thought. She said nothing.

"Umm... Thank you for everything today. You really helped me out," Sakura said.

"It's okay, it's okay. There's no need to thank us. Actually, Sakura-san, you can talk to us normally, you know? If it's okay with you. We're in the same grade. It sounds a little weird when you speak so formally to us."

"I didn't mean to sound that way. I wasn't aware of it... I sound weird?"

"It's not really a bad thing! I mean, I'd be happy if you didn't speak so formally to me, though."

"Ah... O-okay... I...I got it. I'll do my best."

"It's okay, though. You don't need to force yourself."

"I-It's okay. I...will."

"Well then, we'll see you at school. Okay?"

"Well!"