Vol-1 Ch-11 The Mask

It was May 1st, everyone were in the class. We didn't receive a single point. Even though they had been made aware of that yesterday, still nobody had fully accepted that they would have to live the next month without any points. As a result, whole class were sitting silently and staring into the space.

The morning bell rang, which broke out the students from there blank stares. Soon afterwards, Chabashira-sensei strode into the room, holding a rolled up poster.

"All right, your morning homeroom is about to begin. Before we get started, does anyone have any questions? If so, now is the time to speak." Chabashira-sensei said. She appeared totally convinced that the students had questions they wanted answered.

Immediately, Hondou raised his hands."Um, I checked my point balance this morning, but I didn't see any deposits. Points are given on the first day of every month, aren't they? I couldn't buy juice this morning."

"Hondou, were you sleeping yesterday, when Ayanokoji was explaining the school system

"Hondou, were you sleeping yesterday, when Ayanokoji was explaining the school system."

"That was all true, I thought it was just a way for him to improve our behavior. But then how would we live, without any points?" he started packing.

"Sensei, even though I explained it already yesterday, Can you please tell us why we didn't receive any points? For the sake of some doubters of my theory present here. I don't think they will completely understand otherwise."

"A total of ninety-eight absences and late arrivals. Three hundred ninety-one incidences of talking or using a cell phone in class. An official complaint from the swimming instructor about boys entering girls locker room without permission. That is quite afew infractions over one month. In this school, your class's results are reflected in the points that you receive. As a result, you wasted all of the100,000 points that you should have received. That's what happened."

"I should have explained this all to you on the day of the entrance ceremony. This school measures its student's true abilities. This time, you were evaluated as being worth nothing. That's all." Chabashira-sensei spoke in a robotic fashion, devoid of any emotion.

The doubts that were still lingering on the mind of my classmates, about my theory had been completely shot down by the school in the worst way possible. Even though we'd started with the huge advantage of 100,000 points, Class D had lost it in just a single month.

"Chabashira-sensei. Still, should we not have a explanation about this at the start of the previous month. I do not recall hearing you explain that to us before-"

"What? Are you incapable of understanding something unless it's explained in detail?"

"Of course. There was never any talk about reducing our points. Had that been explained beforehand, I'm sure we would have avoided being late or talking during class."

"That is a rather bizarre argument, Hirata. It is certainly true that I don't recall explaining the rules of point distribution. However, didn't you all learn in elementary school not to be late or talk in class? Was that not taught throughout your elementary and junior high schools?"