Vol-1-Ch-5 The childhood friend

On the second day of our school, well I suppose it was the first day of our class -we spent most of our time running over the course objectives. Apparently, many of the students were quite surprised, if not a little disappointed, by how genuinely warm and friendly the teachers at this school looked. Sudou had already made a spectacle of himself by spending most of the class asleep. I thought that the teachers would notice, but they showed no signs of doing so. After all, it was up to every individual student whether or not he or she wanted to listen in class. I suppose they will reap what they sow.

Soon it was lunch time, many people stood up and left with their new acquaintances.
I was just leaving to eat in the cafeteria when Hirata and his friends arrived. By friends I mean half the girls in our class.

"Ayanokouji-kun we were going to the cafeteria for lunch, would you like to join us

"Ayanokouji-kun we were going to the cafeteria for lunch, would you like to join us."

"Sure, do you mind if I ask Matsushita too?" I asked. This was the perfect opportunity to start my plans.

"There is no problem, right?" he asked other girls accompanying him.

"If Hirata-kun says so." replied the blonde shopping freak. The reason I named her that because yesterday I saw her and her friends literally buying a clothes store. No doubt she already spent most of her points.

As we reached the cafeteria, there was a counter to buy token for the food. Then there was the line for the food. It took quite a while for us to finally be seated. Matsushita and I along with a girl named Satou, Nene Mori, Ichihashi sat on one side while Hirata, Karuizawa, Shinohara, Mei yu Wang and Nishimura sat on the other side.

"So Ayanokouji-kun, yesterday you said you are quite good at studies. Are you a genius?" Satou asked excitedly.

"I mean, I don't think I am a genius but I can get respectable marks." I replied.

"Stop the lie, Kiyotaka. Once the results come for our first exams, they will know already." said Matsushita.

"I didn't lie, Chiaki. I can get respectable marks."

"Huh, do you guys know each other? Calling each other with given name." Karuizawa asked.

"We are actually childhood friends. If you remember yesterday we both gave the same introduction.We were homeschooled together. That's why I knew Kiyotaka here is actually a genius."

"Oh really, that's so cool. I wish I was a genius. I wouldn't have to study and just attend the exam and get full marks." Mori said while daydreaming.

"Ayanokouji-kun, what are you eating? Why does it look so disgusting." Karuizawa asked making a face.

"It's the free vegetables set. I saw some seniors eating it, so I gave it a try."

"But who in their right mind would eat that!"

"I asked the senior he said he didn't had any points to pay. I wonder why?"

"Someone who is a spendthrift maybe." Shinohara joined the conversation.

"But how did they spent all 100k points in a day?" asked Chiaki.

"I think there's something we are missing. Yesterday, at the convenience store they were some seniors buying free stuff and today this. It's like they didn't received there 100k points. Don't you guys think so?"

" Pff- are you joking Ayanokouji-kun, yesterday sensei clearly said we would receive 100k points each month. Were you not paying attention?" said Karuizawa mockingly.

"Yeah, I guess so. My bad." I ended the conversation.

After a while Chiaki and I left saying that we had some important business in the library.

"So, what was that about? All the story we made up, all the clues. Just to be made fun of. Just a waste of time. Why are our classmates so dumb." Chiaki ranted.

"Actually, it was not a waste of time. The story was for explaining why we are going everywhere together since yesterday . The clues we gave may not be of use. But it planted the idea at least. When the school system will be explained, the first thing that will come to their mind will be this. Now until that time arrives, we have to repeat this process with every group in our class."

"But why can't we just straight up tell them?"

"No, if you observed our class. They will clearly not believe anything we say. Just like Karuizawa. The smokescreen that this school created in their mind is too thick to penetrate with logic. Once they experience it first hand, they will easily follow." I explained.

Chiaki was satisfied by my explanation kept quiet and walked alongside me.

As we reached the class, a girl with a sweet voice announced through the speakers.

"At five PM Japan Standard Time today, we will be holding a student club fair in Gymnasium No. 1. Students interested in joining a club, please gather in Gymnasium No. 1."

Looks like second opportunity is here.

______________________________________

Another one down.

Did I bait you with the title? It is all going according to the plan. He wants to create a net beneath the class d students, so that when the school pulls the rug. He would be there to catch them.

Next chapter will be club fair and the first appearance of my second favorite character after Koji. Manabu is a character I wanted more of and the farewell scene vol 11.5 is one of my favorite scenes.

How is the story so far?

Comment if you want to suggest something.

Interesting fact this story is #69 in Kiyotaka.

Anyways that's all for now.

Have a wonderful day.