Vol-1 Ch-6 The Boys

As the classes for the day ended. People started to leave for the gymnasium. Girls left in groups, mainly Kushida's group which consisted most of the girls in our class. Second group was of Karuizawa and her friends along with a kidnapped Hirata. Matsushita asked me if I wanted to join them but I denied.

I looked around the class and saw many boys leaving individually, girls had already formed groups but boys had still not interacted with each other. So I summoned all my courage and did something which is harder than studying quantum mechanics at age 8. I went to each of them separately and invited them to join the group. After all it is one thing to get invited than to start a conversation with a complete stranger. Some were hesitant and some outright denied, but I think I did good. Professor helped a lot too.

At last, we were on our way. Our group consisted of 8 boys. Proffesor, Yukimura, Miyake, Minami, Makida, Okitani, Ijuuin and me.

It was a little awkward at first but Professor broke the ice by talking about pop culture. Everyone started giving their opinions.

"So, this Star Wars. Sounds interesting, what is the plot?" I asked curiously.

They all looked at me like I was an alien.

"Ayanokoji-dono, did you by any chance live under a rock before coming here." Professor commented.

He didn't know how close he was to the truth.

"No, but my parents were very strict and didn't let me watch anything on television. Only thing I did was study or physical activities."

"Really, I am the same, although not the physical activity part but I wasn't interested in television entertainment, studying was my way of having fun." Yukimura said enthusiasticly.

It seems after hearing my story, Yukimura got confidence as he wasn't the only nerd in this group.

"But doesn't it get boring after a while, I mean I wouldn't be able to study more than an hour in a stretch. How do you guys do it?" asked Okitani.

"It's about passion and determination. If you love what you do then you wouldn't get bored of it. I myself would like to become a botanist. So I don't mind spending hours on learning about new species of plants everyday." Makida joined the conversation.

"That's cool, having the power of concentration. I can't do it even if I want to because of my ADHD and dyslexia, I barely scrape by in studies. Only thing I have going for me is my fitness." said Minami.

"Atleast you are physically fit, I am fat and not good at anything else. Sometimes I wonder how I got into this school." Ijuuin said self deprecatingly.

"Hey guys, this conversation started with what is Star Wars and now we are in a competition of proving whose the worst. You should cheer up, it's still not to late. This is the time to improve ourselves. These three will define our carriers. So how about we start by enrolling in a gym. Yesterday, while wandering I found a gym. Away from all the crowd, we all could go there every morning. We can help you guys, after all everyone should do basic physical training." I finished channelling my inner Kushida. Minami agreed whole heartedly.

"I don't know, I get demotivated after a few sessions and waking up early everyday is like hell on earth." Professor hesitated.

"That's where we come in, we will drag you there if we have to." said Minami. I guess he wants to contribute to the group.

This was already shaping up to be a good friend group. Feeling of camaraderie was important between classmates if they want to stand up and fight the challenges we will be facing in future. I needed to lay down the foundation before I reveal the S system so that I will have easier time building up the class.

By the end of it, everyone agreed to go with the idea, even Miyake who was silent for the most part. Professor created a group chat with the name 'The Boys', again I didn't understand the context.

______________________________________

Update took a little time as my exams are going on, but I am here with a chapter.

Next up the actual club fair.

It will be released within the span of 12 hours. Once the exams are done updates will be a lot more regular.

This is a start of a beautiful friend group.

The boys in class D rarely get some spotlight in the novels or in fanfiction.

But I want to focus on characters before moving on the plot. As you can notice, I have given them some characteristics which will come into play later.

I will be including most of class D students at some point. Although it's a big ensemble, I hope I can do justice to each of them.

Hope the dialogue between the characters was not cringy, as I said when it comes to conversation, I am still a novice.

Anyway that's all for now

Have a wonderful day.