Vol-3 Ch-1 The Cruise

The endless summer sea. The infinite blue skies. The perfectly clear air. Here, in the midst of the Pacific Ocean, we didn't feel the intense midsummer heat, and the gentle sea breeze kissed our bodies.

Yes, this really was an oceanic paradise.

"Whoa! This is the beeeeeeesssssst!" shouted Okitani, both hands raised high in the air. His voice echoed across the deck of the luxury liner.

The view from the "special seats" on the deck was exceptionally gorgeous.

The boys group had decided to hang out together, so here we are. Chilling under the sun.

I was wearing my shades with an unbuttoned Hawaiian shirt, which earned me a lot of looks from the fairer sex.

"This view is incredible! I'm honestly super moved right now!"

A group of girls led by Kei came out from the ship's cabin. Karuizawa pointed out to the expansive ocean, wearing a radiant smile.

"Seriously, the scenery here is just amazing!"

Kikyou was also present among the group of girls. It looked like the extraordinary view had stolen her breath away.

After overcoming numerous hardships, midterms, and the final exam, we had welcomed summer vacation with open arms. The Advanced Nurturing High School had arranged for an extravagant three-week trip-a cruise on a luxury liner.

Although, for how long this vacation would last was debatable.

Due to the collective hard work of the class, we had gotten third place in class average. Barely, loosing to Class B for second place.

Without any previous years question paper to help. It was still an admirable result. From being in dead last in academics to nearly overtaking Class B was commendable.

Right now, the class points status was Class A leading with 1135 points, since they got first place in finals by a large margin earning them 100 points.

Followed by Class B, who got 95 points in the finals. So, there total stood at 735 points.

Our class had gained 90 points, so our new total was 585 points.

Finally, Class D got 85 points for coming in last place in the finals. Lifting their total to 260 points.

"I never dreamed that high schoolers could go on such a luxurious cruise. And it's for three whole weeks. Three weeks! When my mom and dad hear about this, they're gonna be so shocked!"

As Minami had stated, this was certainly no ordinary trip. At our government-sponsored school, there was absolutely no need for us to pay for tuition or other miscellaneous expenses-which, of course, included this trip. We received the best of special treatment.

The cruise liner and its facilities were of the highest possible quality. This ship was fully equipped with everything from prestigious restaurants to a theater, a fully equipped gym, planetarium, water slides and even an upscale spa.

On my own, this would probably have cost me about 100,000 yen, even in the off season.

Our trip, which promised the pinnacle of luxury, had started a week ago.

On the morning of 22nd July, at 5 am. We had boarded the buses and left the school campus for the first time since the month of April. We reached the Tokyo Bay in an hour, where we boarded this beauty.

Since then, students were permitted to move freely throughout the entire vessel. Best of all, we were able to use any of the ship's facilities free of charge. For those students who'd suffered daily due to a lack of points or don't like to spend their points at all, this ship was heaven-sent.