Ch 1: EOTW

Dion's P.o.v.

Blood gushed from my mouth as they relentlessly pummelled my abdomen. Shit. One of the guards approached and pulled them away, one by one, warning them to stop. He firmly seized me by the collar and menacingly snarled, revealing his sharp teeth, "Stop resisting if you wanna live, human."

"Blood sucking swine!" I cursed at him. A few drops of blood from my mouth splattered on his face, causing him to wrinkle his nose. Suddenly, he hurled me across the room, causing my back to collide with the wall. I clutched my chest, struggling to catch my breath.

"Damn it," I muttered weakly. He angrily tossed a packed food container in my direction before storming out of the room, leaving the cell door wide open. The guards quickly arrived and secured the door with chains.

As I crouched in the corner, I felt my body tense up as waves of pain washed over me and tears began to well up in the corners of my eyes. I held myself tightly, trying to find some relief from the agony that wrecked my body. I guess this is what I deserved for punching whoever it was that was trying to feed on me.

After the departure of the vampires, Denise, my cellmate, rushed towards me with a look of concern etched on her face. "Dion, don't do this to yourself," she pleaded; her fear was palpable. I knew she was afraid. But most of all, she was terrified for me.

Her lengthy golden locks cascaded down her shoulders, just barely concealing the bite marks on her neck and upper body. I furrowed my brow and gazed downward at her weak body, draped in a soft-hued frock; Bite marks and scratches all over her hands and legs. I grimaced at the sight and she quickly noticed.

"I'm fine..don't worry about it," she smiled weakly at me, causing a pang in my heart. Despite the scratches and bruises, her unkempt hair and skin, I could see the beauty within her. She was already 28 and I was 19. And we've been confined in this cell together for 5 years.

TW Read with caution my loves. Contains deaths.

When these bloodsuckers took over, there was chaos everywhere. It happened when I was 12. I remember my parents hastily grabbing me up from my little room. It was the stroke of midnight when they roused me; my mother clutched two bags while my father bore a backpack and suitcase in one hand while carrying me with the other. The television remained on as we traversed the living room, and I caught sight of flames and anguished cries broadcasted live. I was confused at the time, and I was still sleepy while my father carried me towards our garage.

We didn't make it to our car because before we knew it, we were tackled by rogue vampires on the garage floor. My mom screamed in fear, watching them separate me harshly from my father. It was the first time I've ever seen my father crying. The strongest man that I knew and looked up to as a child, was crying in front of me and he looked terrified.

I was grabbed by a foul-smelling man with what seemed like dried paste on his lips and long teeth. Now that I think of it, it was blood from whoever he was sinking his dirty teeth into a few moments ago.

I watched the rest take my parents' lives in front of me, watching their lives drain away from their eyes. The bags and suitcase that carried our clothes and food were splattered with their blood. It was a horrible sight to see, and it scarred me for the rest of my life.

When they were done draining my parents, they walked towards me and one of them snatched me away from the man. It resulted into a fight between them, leading to them breaking my right leg and fracturing my wrist as they tried to pull me away from each other. I screamed in pain and cried hysterically wishing for it to end so that I could go back to playing in my room while my parents were watching tv, cuddling each other. Because of the excruciating pain, I fainted.

7 years later, I was stuck in the basement of a palace (which the vampires took over) with some humans, meant for the vampires to feed on from time to time. I rested my back against the cold concrete and stared at the incandescent bulb fitted on the cracked ceiling from a wire that was loosely hanging.

I wish the wire would've been strong enough to hang myself. But, I shook that thought away. Denise needs me, I cannot leave her alone with them.

Denise's words fell on deaf ears as I found myself lost in studying the ceiling above us. The cracks running through it made me wonder if it would collapse at any moment. I studied the wet spots on the ceiling, probably because whatever that was above the cell held water and it was poorly built or maintained.

Hundreds of years of industrial civilization and development only for the Vampires to take over and ruin it in less than a decade. There are no more working cars, no vehicular movements and I heard they destroyed every weapon in sight. After they emerged, other creatures also did the same. I've never seen a werewolf but somehow, they were already forming territories in places far away from this Kingdom of Aetheria, ruled by the King of Vampires.

"Fuck my life," I cursed under my breath, closing my eyes with a sigh.

I was abruptly awakened by a little slap on my cheek, and I saw a fuming Denise. She stood with her hands on her hips, glaring at me intently.

"Can't you just eat it, Dion? It's so frustrating how stubborn you are. You constantly make me worry," she complained in exasperation.

"Alright, alright," I surrendered, reaching for the plastic container. Somehow, the vampires managed to recruit a few skilled humans who were still around to work for them, providing us with electricity and water, as we still relied on these resources. However, the supply was limited, barely enough to illuminate a vast area.

"Shit tastes better than this," I muttered looking at whatever vomit it was in the container.

Denise laughed and rolled her eyes, "I'm sure".

A/N:
Hello readers,
This is going to be a fantasy series. Smuts will be limited but it's going to be there. Maybe a lot. If you're one of the vanilla ones, RIP. ;))

There's no mate concept in the vampire world I created although it will be there in werewolves only. But that is not to say that there won't be love. It is the heart of the story. I don't wanna be too detailed since some of you might find it boring but the smuts? Yes it's gonna be detailed *eye roll*

This is going to be a bit different so if you want a story that's your comfort but with a slight twist then go ahead and read it:))

Also, for my whoreny readers, calm your tits. I'll give you what you want so be a good girl for me and remain patient.

I've seen a lot of stories with intersex characters so I wanted to try it as well. Dion has a dick. Let me just put that out there. So yeah, it's gonna be interesting.